SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of a Century Arms HK93 (Clone)?? Ive got one but the thing is was bear to get it sighted in. It shot high when I was zeroing and the only way I got it to zero was filing the front sight post down a bit. It shoots preaty reliable though. I had a few james and misfeeds at first (3mags worth) but now it has no problems. It eats the brass up preaty bad as well and ejects them almost as far as my sig 556. Anybody else got one of these rifles and if so whats your take on them. Thanks Clint
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,394 Posts
I have personally never heard anything good about any Century products, except from people who have never owned or operated a quality firearm. Most are young guys who bought one as their first weapon and therefore thought it was good. Just my $.02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Wouldn't filing the front sight down raise the point of impact even more?

I am interested in personal experience of these as well. A local shop has one that looks pretty damn sexy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
C Swimm said:
Wouldn't filing the front sight down raise the point of impact even more?
...yes...it would...


C Swimm said:
I am interested in personal experience of these as well. A local shop has one that looks pretty damn sexy.
...i don't have any experience with the Century guns...however...i have had some experience with HK battle and assualt rifles....the delayed blowback system they employ can be problematic at times and a pain in the ass...

...if you really want one...i strongly suggest you stick with a HK factory produced gun or one produced under licence...such as a Springfield Sar 8 manufactured in Greece by Hellenic Arms...

...the fitting and interchangability of parts and assembly can be very difficult since there are so many technical considerations that need to be addressed...these particular weapons require knowledgeable and skilled technicians working in a factory enviroment ...not assemblers cobbling together a bunch of parts from bins...IMO...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
clintonmistler said:
What do you guys think of a Century Arms HK93 (Clone)?? Ive got one but the thing is was bear to get it sighted in.
...i'm sorry to say...but...in my opinion...Century International Arms guns are hit and miss....and are regarded by many to be on the very lower end of the quality scale...and their price reflects this...IMO...CIA is not capable of properly assembling a HK clone of any type...and i suggest you have your carbine examined by a compentant gunsmith familiar with this type of weapon...including checking the headspace...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
What about the PTR 91 rifles? It seems that when Portugal stopped producing their own licensed HK G3s (on HK equipment) this company bought then transported the tooling to America. They are .308s not .223; but that is good. An auto-loading .308 that can compete pricewise with the M1As is a good thing. They still have the delayed blowback system. I've seen them retail for less than $1K and most hover around that figure. Mags are around $10 or less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cant remeber if it was shooting high or shooting low I had to file the front sight post down though to get it on target. Windage was easily corrected it was the elevation that was a bear. Ive got two rifles of this type one is a C91 (HK 91 Clone) and the other is the C93 (HK33 Clone). Both of these rifles are of the same type design (delayed blowback action). Ive heard that this is a good system as long as the headspace is correct. If not it is easily corrected with oversized rollers and using a feeler gauge. Both of these guns use a rear HK drum style sight that needs a special tool to adjust the elevation; however, a pair of snap ring pliers bought at any auto parts store is what I used to adjust the elevation just couldnt see paying $80 for the tool. Mags for the C91 version are 99 cents a peice I bout 30 of them and only four were nonfunctional. Mags for the C93 are $29 a piece and are made a lot stronger than the C91 mags. I had a few hiccups at first with both guns but they both function fine now. I guess its a crap shoot with Century Arms. Hell I had problems with my sig556 at first two but I found out through trial and error it was the junk mags made Sig that were the problem. PMAGS Rule. THX Clint
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
Muad'dib said:
What about the PTR 91 rifles? It seems that when Portugal stopped producing their own licensed HK G3s (on HK equipment) this company bought then transported the tooling to America.
...in my opinion...if you want a HK 91 / 93...i would suggest you buy an origional HK factory produced gun or a licensed import...and save yourself some grief...in the long run...you won't be sorry you spent the extra dollors...that's what i would recomend...for what it's worth...

...the Springfield SAR 8 is an excellent weapon...just as good as an origional HK 91...for considerably less money...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Muad'dib said:
What about the PTR 91 rifles? It seems that when Portugal stopped producing their own licensed HK G3s (on HK equipment) this company bought then transported the tooling to America. They are .308s not .223; but that is good. An auto-loading .308 that can compete pricewise with the M1As is a good thing. They still have the delayed blowback system. I've seen them retail for less than $1K and most hover around that figure. Mags are around $10 or less.
:arrow:

HK 93s are neat. I would like to have one !! Probably not Century.


Tom

:?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
My Son has a C93. It arrived a little rough (lots of debris from various manufacturing processes left on/in the weapon), but after cleaning thoroughly, it has been a reliable rifle for him. The headspacing was on the loose side as well, although not to the "no-go" point (I forget what he said the HS was, but he bought a new set of rollers to fix the problem).

Neat little rifle, but the unique magazine design sucks-hopefully if these things become popular enough, someone will start producing an after-market mag for it.

For the price, I thought it was a decent buy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
ullie said:
clintonmistler said:
What do you guys think of a Century Arms HK93 (Clone)?? Ive got one but the thing is was bear to get it sighted in.
...i'm sorry to say...but...in my opinion...Century International Arms guns are hit and miss....and are regarded by many to be on the very lower end of the quality scale...and their price reflects this...IMO...CIA is not capable of properly assembling a HK clone of any type...and i suggest you have your carbine examined by a compentant gunsmith familiar with this type of weapon...including checking the headspace...
:idea: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :idea: :arrow:


I think it is very, very sad that Century has "DESERVIDLY " developed this reputation.

What happens if Century ever imports or makes a good gun.
Know one will ever know and it will have the same reputation as all Century products

Can someone tell me is there anything they ever put out that was
?

I would like to use them but from my experience with their Galiels, Cetmes, FALS, AKs they aren't worth the powder to blow them up !!!


This is very, very, very sad.

They are making some great models = right up my aliebut the assembly, workmanship and some of their parts absolutely are inferior.

Please Century, make a 100% great gun !

If you do make one now please let me know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have a Cetme you made. I haven't shot it. I am affraid to! I wan't one of your AKM74s but I am affraid of the quality ?

In the picture the Cetme is the bottom gun. The rear sight axis pin fell out shortly after I got it so I had to use som JB Weld to hold it in place.
How this is going to hold up after it's shot, I don't know ?

Double click it to open it up.

at

[email protected]





Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
nfafan said:
anhedonic said:
Neat little rifle, but the unique magazine design sucks-hopefully if these things become popular enough, someone will start producing an after-market mag for it.

For the price, I thought it was a decent buy.
http://www.robertrtg.com/hk93mag.html
Does the Century HK93 clone work.?
Are you happy with it?
Does it feed and shoot accurately ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Me?

My C93 had a TON of FTE jams, mis-feeds and "bolt action shots" for the first 100rds, then it settled down and shot GREAT.

Which is why I'm trying to determine if the "HK93" is sweeter/less sweeter of a shooter compared to the SIG556.

Also; given that these C93's are Malayasian mil-surp HK33 parts-kits built up on USA recvrs and with Green Mtn Barrels - a lot hinges on the subcontractor that built them.

If interested, I STRONGLY urge a visual inspection of one before buying. Or make sure the seller is willing to take returns.
Mine went from a bolt gap of .017 to .007 inside of the first 400rds. Regardless, it's a keeper unless my deal for a barely used $1K SIG556 Classic comes thru, then its gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
nfafan said:
Me?

My C93 had a TON of FTE jams, mis-feeds and "bolt action shots" for the first 100rds, then it settled down and shot GREAT.

Which is why I'm trying to determine if the "HK93" is sweeter/less sweeter of a shooter compared to the SIG556.

Also; given that these C93's are Malayasian mil-surp HK33 parts-kits built up on USA recvrs and with Green Mtn Barrels - a lot hinges on the subcontractor that built them.

If interested, I STRONGLY urge a visual inspection of one before buying. Or make sure the seller is willing to take returns.
Mine went from a bolt gap of .017 to .007 inside of the first 400rds. Regardless, it's a keeper unless my deal for a barely used $1K SIG556 Classic comes thru, then its gone.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I thank you for all your valuable information. I think I'll pass on it !!!

As far as an HK93 vs. SIG556; the actions are what I am looking at, the SIG556 action is the ROLLS ROYCE and history has proven it.

So I think your thought abou the SIG arewonderful and you'll never, ever regret it.!! It is a wonderfull machine.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
tombirdman said:
<snip>

As far as an HK93 vs. SIG556; the actions are what I am looking at, the SIG556 action is the ROLLS ROYCE and history has proven it.

So I think your thought abou the SIG arewonderful and you'll never, ever regret it.!! It is a wonderfull machine.
So far, the C93/HK93 clone is the sweetest 5.56 rifle I have fired, or at least as nice as a 20" AR-15. I will hope the SIG556 Classic is at least as nice. I have a SIG522 Classic and it has to literally be the best detachable-mag-fed rifle in .22LR on the planet.

Anyway, the C93 - if you find a nice one - is a world-class bargain for their under $600.00 price: almost all HK blended with new/good USA parts.

Too bad the assemblers/jobbers for Century didn't have enough pride to do the right thing regardless of what Century was willing to pay for.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top