SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Which lower accepts STANAG mags? I didn't see one that said they accepted these magazines but I was looking at it on my phone.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
563 Posts
JDI Firearms. It'll likely be backordered. He does his best to fill orders as quick as he can, but you'll need to be patient. You'll also see them on GB occasionally. A SigUSA STANAG lower will work as well, after slight modification of the lower.

This is assuming you're wanting to install it on a Swiss gun. If you have a SigUSA 556-series gun, no modification is necessary. And if you have a US gun, I am curious why you'd want to invest in a STANAG Swiss lower anyway, as they don't offer any advantage over US lowers, in my opinion. I actually prefer the US STANAG lowers, in terms of aesthetics. As long as it's a side-folding lower anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JDI Firearms. It'll likely be backordered. He does his best to fill orders as quick as he can, but you'll need to be patient. You'll also see them on GB occasionally. A SigUSA STANAG lower will work as well, after slight modification of the lower.

This is assuming you're wanting to install it on a Swiss gun. If you have a SigUSA 556-series gun, no modification is necessary. And if you have a US gun, I am curious why you'd want to invest in a STANAG Swiss lower anyway, as they don't offer any advantage over US lowers, in my opinion. I actually prefer the US STANAG lowers, in terms of aesthetics. As long as it's a side-folding lower anyway.
Ah I see now. Yes he’s always back ordered and generally a 10 or so month lead time is required. That said, one of the reasons I wanted one was for use with a Swiss upper unmodified. I’d use US made mags and a 556 BCG (or US made swat rail) to make it 922r compliant registered as an SBR.

·
Registered
Sig556ER; 551 HG; UBR stock w/MDT FSA; MFI rail/rear diopter; 550 FS; Versa-Pod bayo lug mount
89 Posts
I came across that site YEARS ago (when I actually had $$ to spend) & there were a few things I wanted to get, but for the life of me couldn't find out how to purchase anything at the time. 1 thing I think they had that i wanted was a sick Swiss bayonet (4get what they called it, but after researching for days I figured out that Extrema Ratio made it). So frustrating cuz it was the only place I ever saw it for sale. If anyone knows what that bayonet is called lemme know. Thanks.
*Edit: The bayonet they had posted on there was called "The Blade" if I remember right, & it looks like it was made by Extrema Ratio but it doesn't specify that & its the only site where I ever saw one listed. The coolest feature was the that the handle length was able to be changed to fit either a 550, 551 or 553 barrel lengths.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I found this catalog recently, and I had no idea Swiss Arms made STANAG style lowers. Since these are not serialed parts, is there a way to get them?
Awesome find -- 2018 SAN Swiss Arms catalogue in English! What a treasure trove. I find it interesting how much U.S.-spec items are available: STANAG U.S.-spec 55X lowers, Hogue pistol grips, stocks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts