SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have it in my budget to get a second rifle but I'm getting the itch for something new. I'm actually thinking of going to a green 556 classic or a blemished / used SCAR. My SBR is awesome and has every part I want on it but I still can't deny the itch.

I'll sleep on it.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Re: Got The Itch For Something New-Should I Trade The 556 SB

Accomplice said:
I don't have it in my budget to get a second rifle but I'm getting the itch for something new. I'm actually thinking of going to a green 556 classic or a blemished / used SCAR. My SBR is awesome and has every part I want on it but I still can't deny the itch.
...if i had to decide between a 556 and a SCAR...and could only have one or the other...i would choose the 556...that said...if you're getting bored with your 556...even though it's an SBR...i would go with the SCAR...

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I'd like a green Classic myself.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm actually thinking of taking the SBR back to pistol configuration, getting it off of the NFA registry and then trading it for a 16" 556 upper with the green hand guard. I'd probably just hold onto the sights and charging handle to put on the new upper and have the guy I'm trading with do the same on his upper. Of course, this would have to be an in-state deal or via FFLs since the uppers are the serialized parts.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sharp looking green 556 classic showed up today. Pics of the transformation to come. This rifle sure shoulders better, feels lighter and better balanced than the original line of 556s.

The outgoing SBR almost looks too good to part with...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Green 552 handguard, green folding stock

Where did you get the green 552 style hand guard?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Green 552 handguard, green folding stock

jnathanj33 said:
Where did you get the green 552 style hand guard?
The real Swiss 552s have hand guards that are just 550 hand guards cut to length and drilled with extra ventilation holes. You can find black or green 550 hand guards to cut down once in a while but they are not super common. DDLES will cut them to length for use on the 556 Pistol/ SBR and drill them with a program that is actually more precise than the Swiss ones which are actually hand drilled. They also sell the retainer ring to interface perfectly with the 552 style hand guards at the gas block.

·
Registered
105 Posts
sbr engraving

can I get a close up of your receiver engraving? I am going through the process for sbr'ing my p556 and knew the receiver needed to be engraved but wanted to see yours as an example.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: sbr engraving

jnathanj33 said:
can I get a close up of your receiver engraving? I am going through the process for sbr'ing my p556 and knew the receiver needed to be engraved but wanted to see yours as an example.
I'm not able to post close ups of that information. That particular firearm is back into pistol configuration and is coming off of the NFA list. You can find some detailed info. on how, what and where to engrave by checking in the nfa/ class 3 section under 'armory' on ar15.com.

·
Registered
105 Posts
sbr engraving info

thanks for the info on that... will go there to see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts