SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a taclight that works good with a Sig 556. I need it to be rugged and of good quality because the Sig 556 will be my patrol rifle. I would like it to be somewhat inexpensive but not a Mickey Mouse setup since my life or others could depend on it. Any help or ideas would be great

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Fenix TK11

Inexpensive, rugged (rated for a .308 semi) bright as all hell on fire and good on the batteries too. Uses those cr123 things, but also uses a kick ass rechargeable.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here is a very sturdy, very reasonably priced tactical light holder from Command Arms Accessories that will hold a Surefire tactical flashlight:

http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=40&cID=19

You can add a Surefire G2 Nitrolon flashlight to it and have a great setup that won't break the bank, and will withstand a lot of abuse -- the CAA tactical flashlight holder comes with a lifetime guarantee, and we all know how Surefires hold up under hard use:

http://www.surefire.com/G2-Nitrolon

You can also get one for a Streamlight Scorpion flashlight for the same price, although the Scorpion flashlight cost a little more.

You can get this holder and Surefire flachlight for under $65 total - less than that if you shop around...

I use this setup up on five of my rifles as backup lights (four Surefires, one Scorpion) - I use Streamlight TLR-1s, and on some, TLR-2s, as the main/primary weaponlight. That way, if you lose one to impact or whatever, or your battery croaks, you have a backup available on the gun.

The best part is, with the press of a button, the light detaches from your rifle, and you have a handheld flashlight in your hand in two seconds.... Also comes in handy if you just want to flash-peek around cover, and don't want to hang the whole rifle out around the corner in the process....

And with two flashlights, when you light up a bad guy, no way they can look past the lights.

·
Registered
61 Posts
4 Sevens lights....some of the most underrated lighting products out there, they are made by a small private company affiliated with Fenix, I believe...Look at their tactical line (Specifically the Quark 123 or 123 squared), they have 200+ lumen ratings with small flashlights weighing around 2 oz...10 year warranty, lots of included accessories and usually under 70 bucks....grab an aluminum scope mount from wally world, shim with some tape or plastic around your new 4 Sevens, throw it in the mount and hook it up to your Sig....Great little weapons light combo for about 75 bucks out the door...IMO superior to spending more for overpriced Surefire lights or similar products, with great clarity, generous lumen amount and damn decent throw for the compact lights that 4 Sevens makes...Highly recommended...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just bought a Fenix TK12 and a Fab defense QD mount all for a little over 100 on Ebay. Cheapest Fenix was in the $70 and the mount $30 with some shipping. Fenix will price match any store price by the way. Great people to deal with as well, (found out after the fact). I like the TK12 for it various modes, to include camping. The TK 11 just puts out too much light for a all around light, but if its staying on your rifle you can't go wrong! IMO

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the great info guys. I really like the Strion taclight setup but it doesnt have a pressure pad

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Fenix offers a pressure pad for the TK11 and TK12, and for some of the others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts