SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I just put my last, an unfired P556 up. It’s so dang cool, it’s tough to part with.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
A Bud says that firearms that are unique have more value than the others. You're going to trade a cool metal sbr looking gun that screams utility and trade it for 2 generic, plastic abortions.
OK, later I'll tell ya what I really think..........
I found another plastic abortion in FDE (like pic)
this time for a great price brand new. These things are pretty great.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Just like when we see a 400lb obese woman in a food stained orange spandex outfit, we say....
"There's someone for everyone".

Bless your heart for picking up the slack..... 😆
Ha ha. These are actually super reliable by all accounts and crazy handy and well balanced given the weight. Feels way more confidence inspiring than my FS2000 (the original tactical tuna / plastic abortion) did. I look at the ARX100 as being 97% of a SCAR for 35% of the cost.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I look at the ARX100 as being 97% of a SCAR for 35% of the cost.
And w/that POV, you see the beauty. :)
The short stock and the barrel sticking out so far is a major detraction for my eyes. The uzi w/the carbine barrel and the sig 556 swat (?) both fall under the "I'll never by that thing" category for me.

Enjoy them.

·
Read Only
563 Posts
In all fairness, ambi controls don't exist just for wrong-handed people. I have found myself utilizing them in certain awkward shooting positions, and am a fan as a result.

·
Read Only
563 Posts
That being said, the 55X is fully ambi as well. But hey, whatever tickles your pickle. Well, I guess the ARX can kick them out either side? If that is so, then I reckon the lefties would like that.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yeah, the ARX can eject to either side and the charging handle swaps over too. I took the side rails off tonight (and you didn’t think they could get any sexier ha ha).

image uploader

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 551a1 SBR while still in NFA jail. I received this just before Sig discontinued it. Also, this was before braces were a thing! I have the full size rifle as well along with a 556 with green furniture and Swiss stock. I will never sell them. . . as they probably could not be replaced!
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun Gun accessory

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've moved on, come back, moved on, and come back again. The original Swiss rifles from the 80s are exemplary, but were hardly trouble free. Absence, and time, makes the heart grow fonder. Handling a true "pre-ban" Swiss, the SigArms imported 553s, or any of the JDI imported 55X series doesn't really turn my crank any more. The little man behind the curtain has been seen already. My 553 clone runs just as well as anything from the land of chocolate & watches.

I won't turn down the 'real thing' but they're not perfect either.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts