SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else selling their Sigs while the market is active? I’be got one up on the big auction site and will probably put my second one on if they bring decent prices.

·
Registered
579 Posts
"They don't make these anymore"
I've often thought about selling my sigs, but never can do it. So I just bought replacement parts for guns I won't wear out.
One thing I did do though is to drill out one of the gas valves to lessen the recoil of it to where it doesn't even dent cases other than the mouth a bit.

·
Registered
317 Posts
If I had the cash-- I'd buy your pistol in a heartbeat. Every time we go to shoot I am in awe at how good my buddies P556 is. Hyper accurate, lightweight, and always one of, if not the most fun piece to shoot out of our combined collection. He has an aimpoint H1 mounted to it. Perfect really.

I also think x39 out of a 10" pistol would be neat. You certainly lose less velocity. Sig made a P556xi-R too, but... with all the problems with the x39 xi rifles I'm not sure I'd gamble with the pistol version.

Always bummed Sig no longer makes anything in the 5XX lineup. I actually own a Tread M400 and think it a very nice AR. Sig is on to something. Certainly greater than the sum of it's parts. However, I will always have a place for the 5XX. If quality was never an issue-- it would have been nice to see Sig go on to produce a 5.45 x 39 variant too.

Anyway, good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
Sig556ER; 551 HG; UBR stock w/MDT FSA; MFI rail/rear diopter; 550 FS; Versa-Pod bayo lug mount
85 Posts
Nope, I have diamond hands and not selling anything.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I'm with ya on that one! I've sold too many guns in the past that I regret selling. & Ik that's how I'd feel if I sold my sig too.

Reactions: Joseph I

·
Registered
57 Posts
The only thing I wish I could get are spare parts, springs firing pins etc.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not a true fan, I see. Unless you're putting that cash toward a true Swiss gun.
I don’t know if one could call me anything but a fan since I have owned around 11 versions of the American made 556 starting with two of the first 1000 guns ever made and basically touching almost every iteration of the platform along the way.

I pulled out my unfired P556 with CNC Warrior brace and it’s so cool I hesitate to sell it even for $2.1kish . I’m still on the fence about it. I might end up trading it for two unfired Beretta ARX100s.

Reactions: HermCorps and muffe

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The US made ones are where it's at seeing as they're more rare. ^_~
Ha ha. I was never tempted to mess with the Swiss guns due to the magazines but I definitely admired them from a far. The American made ones are so functional, and by comparison, inexpensive that I just focused there because I’m a cheap bastard.

·
Read Only
563 Posts
I don’t know if one could call me anything but a fan since I have owned around 11 versions of the American made 556 starting with two of the first 1000 guns ever made and basically touching almost every iteration of the platform along the way.
I retract my previous comment. You are indeed a fan, and have been in the game longer than me. I misinterpreted your initial post, as I got the impression you were shedding all your p556 guns merely because they are fetching more than usual currently.

Our tastes certainly differ though. I hold the Swiss guns in higher regard, and consider many of the US guns to be failed attempts at reproducing them. The P556 is certainly the most desirable model.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I like how you think.
Gratzi. Frugal here. As I had an early one, I would get the same low price as the later ones if I tried to sell it......so Accomplice's cheap bastard in me would come out. And rather than get US made parts kits (which I prolly should have), I just kept an eye out for another early one, snagged it, and now I've got a donor gun in case for some unforseen reason one fails.
But let's not discount our government telling me to buy more parts for it, so I took joe biden's "gun check" the irs sent to me and bought swiss (german?) made parts for spares for both. I mean what can I say, the f*ckin govt sent me money to buy gunstuff. I sometimes obey.

·
Registered
579 Posts
it’s so cool I hesitate to sell it even for $2.1kish . I’m still on the fence about it. I might end up trading it for two unfired Beretta ARX100s.
A Bud says that firearms that are unique have more value than the others. You're going to trade a cool metal sbr looking gun that screams utility and trade it for 2 generic, plastic abortions.
OK, later I'll tell ya what I really think..........

1 - 20 of 34 Posts