SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here saying "hi". Kind of a weird situation, even if I can get a 556, I won't get a chance to put rounds downrange for a few years. I will be over here for most of a certain politician's reign. It was my intention to get my weapons when I returned but I fear that won't be possible very soon so I am on the hunt now.
Thanks for the inflated prices Barry!
I will be stocking up on ammo and goodies for my rifle when and if I can get one in my stateside contact's hands. Lots of info here, I have a lot of reading to do! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

If you can get one of your stateside contacts to secure the rifle and some ammo for you, I would suggest doing that as soon as you can.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a swat and two swat pistols within reach of my proxy. I hope to have some good news in a couple of weeks. I would prefer the rifle but I will accept the pistol. If politics turns back in 12' perhaps I would SBR it. Otherwise, I don't want to invite any extra scrutiny.
Please to drop in the ammo forum and share opinons on my ammo choice. Also, how are we feeling about the Lancer mags? I told them to get me at least ten. I see there is some debate about what is best but people seem uniformly unhappy with the SIG mags. :(

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
get a good mix. I have several pmags and they're good, but don't rely on just one type of magazine - I'm going to get a few GI's and a few others.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see the truth of it. I went with the Lancers because they have the features I desire, AND, I can find the darned things!
I see a lot of love for the P mags and if I stumble upon some black window mags I will be sure to snatch them up.
I only had a few troublesome aluminum mags for the M16, so I am not a metal hater. I just need to see which maker is producing the best metal mags before I move on those. :wink:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just a reminder that straw purchases are illegal-if you are the intended recipient and someone else makes the purchase for you (regardless of circumstance) you are likely violating federal law. At least consider asking a close family member to make the purchase as a gift for you in order to remove any sense of impropriety...

I admit you are unlikely to get caught doing so, but I recommend you cease discussing the idea online for your own protection.

Yes, I sometimes wear a foil hat...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts