SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Sig556ER; Swiss internals; 551 HG; UBR stock w/MDT Folding SA; MFI rear diopter; 550 FS; Versa-Pod
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some input on which folding stock adapter would be best for a a UBR stock on a 556ER/M4 style lower. I was looking at the MDT fixed-to-fixed adapter, but since I don't have any experience with folding adapters I don't wanna jump on anything till I get as much info as I can. Plus I would prefer it fold right. Anyway...any ideas, experience, or advice to help me get my UBR stock to fold (preferably right) would be awesome! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
Sig556ER; Swiss internals; 551 HG; UBR stock w/MDT Folding SA; MFI rear diopter; 550 FS; Versa-Pod
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my original pick, & is probably the route I'm gonna go unless I come across a better option. Just didn't wanna jump the gun till I knew what all was put there. It def looks like a solid adapter for sure! Thanks for the input!
Prolly won't be getting an adapter till after Christmas so if anyone else has any experience with a different one def share ur opinion. I will post a pic once I actually choose & install an adapter to my UBR in case anyone else is looking to do the same setup with their 556er or m4 style lower 556. Thanks again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the MDT, looks nice, appears to have nice functionality, and gives you plenty of options. You can even get a locking version.

MDT Folding Stock Adapter
Went with the MDT, fixed-to-fixed, one way adapter & installed it today. The thing is awesome! Very well made & super solid. The tolerances are really tight so there's no need for the 2 way lock. When folded it's very secure & doesn't move at all until u fold it out. It does add an extra 1.75" to the LOP, but since Im running a Magpul UBR on it, it doesn't matter cuz I still need to extend the stock another 1.25" to get it where I like it. Thanks for the input & I'll post some pics in a few mins...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
MDT fixed-to-fixed folding adapter with Magpul UBR...Anyone with a Sig556ER/M4 style lower & wants a folding stock adapter, MDT is the way to go. Super solid & excellent quality. The one way lock works great, no wobble or movement at all & won't fold out until u want it to. Just be aware that the adapter adds 1.75" LOP, so depending on which stock u use that could be an issue. But with the UBR it's no problem at all. I still need to extend the stock 1.25" to get it where I need it to be.
20201230_112939.jpg
20201230_113155.jpg
20201230_113134.jpg
20201230_113208.jpg
20201230_113929.jpg
20201230_114012.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow! It looks fantastic HermCorps! The MDT folder looks ideal for this rifle together with the UBR. The pics are beautiful. I love that you can get very close to the original Sig 550-series look but actually improve the rifle with a better stock like the UBR that is fully adjustable. If you get a chance, please post a pic with the UBR extended. Awesome rifle, congratulations!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man! & thanks again for ur input, cuz honestly ur comment solidified my decision to go with MDT! Yea, my goal was to get it as close to a 551 as possible without having to get a Swiss lower + all the $$ for mags. I bought it from a friend who bought it in '07, & since I live in a commie state the Troy muzzle brake my friend chose to have put on it had to be pinned/welded, otherwise I would have the 550 brake on it. Other than an ODG grip, I now have the rifle just like I envisioned it (I'm still deciding whether I'm going to remove the brake to put on a more accurate one, but need to research more on how to do it properly b4 I try). Anyway, thanks for the comments, here's a couple pics with the stock fully extended, I extend it 1/2 the length shown to get the LOP I need..
20201231_115251.jpg
20201231_115325.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts