Folding stock adapter for UBR | SIG Sauer 556 Forum

Folding stock adapter for UBR

Discussion in 'Uppers, Lowers, Barrels and Parts' started by HermCorps, Dec 10, 2020.

1. HermCorps

HermCorps Member

Just looking for some input on which folding stock adapter would be best for a a UBR stock on a 556ER/M4 style lower. I was looking at the MDT fixed-to-fixed adapter, but since I don't have any experience with folding adapters I don't wanna jump on anything till I get as much info as I can. Plus I would prefer it fold right. Anyway...any ideas, experience, or advice to help me get my UBR stock to fold (preferably right) would be awesome! Thanks guys.

2. Mr. Football

Mr. Football New Member

I like the MDT, looks nice, appears to have nice functionality, and gives you plenty of options. You can even get a locking version.

MDT Folding Stock Adapter

3. HermCorps

HermCorps Member

That was my original pick, & is probably the route I'm gonna go unless I come across a better option. Just didn't wanna jump the gun till I knew what all was put there. It def looks like a solid adapter for sure! Thanks for the input!
    Prolly won't be getting an adapter till after Christmas so if anyone else has any experience with a different one def share ur opinion. I will post a pic once I actually choose & install an adapter to my UBR in case anyone else is looking to do the same setup with their 556er or m4 style lower 556. Thanks again.

4. HermCorps

HermCorps Member

Went with the MDT, fixed-to-fixed, one way adapter & installed it today. The thing is awesome! Very well made & super solid. The tolerances are really tight so there's no need for the 2 way lock. When folded it's very secure & doesn't move at all until u fold it out. It does add an extra 1.75" to the LOP, but since Im running a Magpul UBR on it, it doesn't matter cuz I still need to extend the stock another 1.25" to get it where I like it. Thanks for the input & I'll post some pics in a few mins...

5. HermCorps

HermCorps Member

MDT fixed-to-fixed folding adapter with Magpul UBR...Anyone with a Sig556ER/M4 style lower & wants a folding stock adapter, MDT is the way to go. Super solid & excellent quality. The one way lock works great, no wobble or movement at all & won't fold out until u want it to. Just be aware that the adapter adds 1.75" LOP, so depending on which stock u use that could be an issue. But with the UBR it's no problem at all. I still need to extend the stock 1.25" to get it where I need it to be.
    20201230_112939.jpg 20201230_113155.jpg 20201230_113134.jpg 20201230_113208.jpg 20201230_113929.jpg 20201230_114012.jpg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  6. Mr. Football

Mr. Football New Member

Wow! It looks fantastic HermCorps! The MDT folder looks ideal for this rifle together with the UBR. The pics are beautiful. I love that you can get very close to the original Sig 550-series look but actually improve the rifle with a better stock like the UBR that is fully adjustable. If you get a chance, please post a pic with the UBR extended. Awesome rifle, congratulations!

HermCorps likes this.
  7. HermCorps

HermCorps Member

Thanks man! & thanks again for ur input, cuz honestly ur comment solidified my decision to go with MDT! Yea, my goal was to get it as close to a 551 as possible without having to get a Swiss lower + all the $$ for mags. I bought it from a friend who bought it in '07, & since I live in a commie state the Troy muzzle brake my friend chose to have put on it had to be pinned/welded, otherwise I would have the 550 brake on it. Other than an ODG grip, I now have the rifle just like I envisioned it (I'm still deciding whether I'm going to remove the brake to put on a more accurate one, but need to research more on how to do it properly b4 I try). Anyway, thanks for the comments, here's a couple pics with the stock fully extended, I extend it 1/2 the length shown to get the LOP I need..
    20201231_115251.jpg 20201231_115325.jpg

8. Mr. Football

Mr. Football New Member

Outstanding. Love the pics!