SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new FNP-45 Tactical, complete with the Docter mini-red-dot electronic sight (3.5 MOA) and the Streamlight TLR-2 weaponlight/laser combination.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Wow, I am impressed, that is some kind of rig.

How do you like the Docter Red Dot?

It looks like it would be to die for! :shock: 8)

What does it shoot like at 25 yards?

·
Registered
216 Posts
sweet!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, SkyPup and nycstripes!

I have not had a chance to go shoot it yet -- been chasing down the Docter first, then assembling it with great care...it is a great sight though -- have one on top of an ACOG on my black SCAR 16S - it is really great.

The dealer where I bought it has an indoor range, so I plan to shoot it this week or next (yard chores first - yuck) and sight the red dot in, then cut this big dog loose...! I'll post results then.

With a 5.3" barrel and 6" sight radius (sans Docter) it ought to be a shooter -- I plan to sight it in both ways, so we'll see!

This is a real nice gun and gun sight here - I am very pleased with it so far.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Damn you have a lot of restraint! I would of shot that thing in my back yard 5 minutes after returning home from the gun shop. I know, get it perfect, then shoot. Just saying, how do you do it? Ok, that said - enjoy. Very nice. :twisted:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Clyde....If my eyes are not fooling me....that's a FNP 45-Military, not the regular FNP-45, correct? (5.3" barrel, notch to accommodate the Doctor sight).

Where/how did you get it? The Military version is not on FNH website. Is it special order only? Cost?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, DTC!

Aaron:

This is the new FNP-45 Tactical model, just released commercially (and flying out of the gun cabinets as soon as they're open for business). They are commercially available, but you gotta move on it when you see it -- anyone who handles it is very likely to buy it on sight. Everyone I have shown it to has to handle it and sight out on it using the red dot. It is the same gun as the FNP-45 Military. 5.3" threaded barrel, 6" sight radius. 16 rounds of .45 ACP. High profile Trijicon night sights.

It is not special order only -- and mine cost $1040 plus tax -- you can get one for ~$1000 plus tax if you're in the right place at the right time....

I bought the first one I saw at my regular gun dealer. Usually I try and negotiate price some -- they did knock $29 off the sticker price, but to me, given the fact that people are paying $995 plus shipping and insurance, I got a price I was happy with. The gun I'm estatic about!

·
Registered
17 Posts
How does it hold?

If I can remember correctly, I've held one or two of the FNP pistols and it felt like trying to wrap my fingers around an Acme brick.

Full disclosure, my 1911 has to have slim grips for me to comfortably reach the flat of the trigger.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Re: FNP-45 Tactical - Docter Red Dot w/ TLR-2 - Dial-up Frie

15 plus 1...

Here's mine with the Trijicon RMR LED...just got it and haven't had mine to the range yet...

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts