SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New FNH-USA Press Release on the Military FN SCARs:

(McLean, VA) —FNH USA, LLC received notification from the USSOCOM Program Executive Office—SOF Warrior (PEO—SW) that the SCAR Acquisition Decision Memorandum (ADM) was approved and signed on April 14, 2010, moving this FN Herstal (FN) program into the Milestone C phase. This decision authorizes the production and deployment of the Special Operations Forces (SOF) Combat Assault Rifle (SCAR) MK 16 and MK 17, as well as the Enhanced Grenade Launcher Module (EGLM) MK 13.

Following a worldwide solicitation to the military firearms industry, nine vendors submitted a dozen different designs for a new modular, multi-caliber weapons system. The FN SCAR submission was the only weapons system to pass all of the Go/No-Go criteria and was unanimously chosen in November 2004 by the selection board composed of senior operators from every SOF component. The SCAR is the first new assault rifle procured by the U.S. Military through a full and open competition since the M16 trials were held in the mid-1960s. Tests in reliability, accuracy, safety and ergonomics were administered from August 2005 to September 2008 and were conducted in a variety of environments including urban, maritime, jungle and winter/mountain operational test scenarios. The SCAR weapons system successfully endured more than two million rounds of ammunition during these trials, therein making it one of the most heavily tested weapons in the history of small arms.

“The SCAR is one of the most tested small arms in our military’s history and is currently being employed in the fight to defend freedom,â€

·
Registered
256 Posts
And this comes along right after getting my very own 16s. The :D :D :D just keeps on coming!

ARs, our beloved 556 and now the 16s...just gotta love rifles that shares the same magazines. :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Damn DAMN DAYUM! I wish I could get one. My plans to save up for a 16s were shot down by a little one, due in December. Now I'm screwed for anything to do with shooting except for ammo for a camping trip coming up at the end of the month.

Geardo is so sad he wont be able to get one. :cry: :cry: But Mrs. Geardo is :D :D that I wont be getting anymore for a while...lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats Sarge on the expected little one! Nothing better to spend one's money on, truth! Best of luck with that and best wishes to Mrs. Geardo.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So true -- congratulations, Sgt. Geardo! I can just picture you, the newborn Carpet Ninja, and Mrs. Geardo settling down for a happy evening together watching HGTV!

The SCAR can wait...and one day you can buy it and your baby can inherit it!

·
Registered
198 Posts
By that time Geardo the price will have dropped a lot. Congratulations on the one in the oven.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks guys! I can't wait to teach my little one how to shoot! :D I just hope the kid doesn't turn out to be a gun hating hippy. That would piss me off :lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Try being married to one. :( At least if the kid turns out that way, you can get rid of him/her in 18 years. I'm stuck with mine!... :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts