SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to paint this for years and now it is done... It's a Tikka T3 Lite with a Karsten cheek piece, Accushot Monopod, and Dednutz rings. It shoots sub 1/2" groups at 100 with Hornady 75 gr. BTHP. I Just used krylon camo paint and stencils. I think it turned out pretty nice. Still needs a new scope and bolt handle... I am going to get the bolt Green-T'ed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very professional looking, You could probably have a second job on the side.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha, it looks good but I don't know about the whole second job thing... Thanks for the compliments. I thinking about Duracoating my Sig Patrol... probably the exact same way. The whole reason I used Krylon is so if it sucked I could remove it easily...

·
Registered
472 Posts
NICE JOB! :shock: I like it!

Did you finish it with Krylon Matte Finish? It you don't want it to wear off, spray a couple of coats of that on there. Used it on mine and works great.

What did you use for stencils?

Good luck with future paint jobs!

Geardo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have to try that matte finish, thanks for the tip. I just used some basic leaf and stick stencils I bought at Academy. They worked fairly well... took some finesse though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Crowmosly said:
Hahaha, it looks good but I don't know about the whole second job thing... Thanks for the compliments. I thinking about Duracoating my Sig Patrol... probably the exact same way. The whole reason I used Krylon is so if it sucked I could remove it easily...
Tis true you can remove it, but it is a bit of a pain (been there done that). Of course, had I done such an outstanding job as yourself, I would not have had to strip the 556 in the first place. Well done.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Crowmosly said:
I'll have to try that matte finish, thanks for the tip. I just used some basic leaf and stick stencils I bought at Academy. They worked fairly well... took some finesse though.
I know what you mean. The Sig is gonna be kinda hard because it has very little flat, even surfaces. I had to take while when I did my first paint job. Pretty much wait until every spray dried untill I made the next one.
First paint...

2nd paint I wasnt really proud of...

Third paint I used the same rattle can camo colors and sponges, and finished it with the Krylon matte Finish...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those look nice... I really like that sponge idea... looks sweet. I'll have to try that... on my BB gun, It's the perfect test media lol...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts