SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it is so ridiculous that A: Sig manufactures them but won't sale them unless you send them you defective one off your LTD Edition for replacement.
And B: No manufactures have stepped up to the plate to make one???
I am not a must have tan accessories guy. But find my 556 to be a little common and not very unique for the simple reason of choice in grips only being limited to black.
I have seen the guns dipped in multicam and looks killer. But once dipped your stuck with today's trend.... What about a few years from now??

·
Registered
626 Posts
and if you owned a "limited" edition, how would you feel if any random person could recreate it through the parts catalog?

half the fun in building something from hard to find parts is in the chase....

·
Registered
472 Posts
It's not only multi cam that looks killer!!!

yeah I know it's on fire and has a loaded mag... :shock:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
SGT_geardo said:
yeah I know it's on fire and has a loaded mag... :shock:
In a house with no kids. That's how ours are when they're not locked up in the safe.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
PGT said:
and if you owned a "limited" edition, how would you feel if any random person could recreate it through the parts catalog?

Well, I agree and disagree.

One could 'mimic' the limited edition, but it still wouldn't be one. I think all that jazz was over $ anyway.

The other thing is, if I sold a product that I knew would be customized in some way by a MAJORITY of the purchasers, and I also happened to make parts for it in various colors - I'd be offering them to whomever wanted to buy them - I always called it giving the customer what they want, supplying demand, good customer service, and staying in business.

I love our 556's, but am not a fan of an all black rifle. It stands out in any terrain. I'm not a fan of duracoating, dipping, etc. either. I painted an extra pair of fishgill hand guards O.D. and put an F.D.E. pmag in it and wow - just that little bit goes a long way towards breaking up the look of the weapon. I'd love to be able to get a pistol grip, butt plate, and hand gaurds in various colors from SIG, but SIG doesn't seem to care.

Hell, I still can't get them to admit that they have a new charging handle when several people on this very forum have talked about how great theirs is!!!

That truly brings the suck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did I mention I wanted a sig limited???

PGT said:

No way would I try to make my gun like another one off the shelf or I would just pay the ridicules price!! I was thinking a Troy tan and UBR for half the price and something unique.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts