SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Did you just spray the Duracoat on the grip & handguards or were these already molded in that color? If you did paint the furniture, how well does this "paint" seem to adhere to the plastic? Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sprayed it. The duracoat sticks to the platic extremely well. I've done other things in the past that only have scratches in them because it was stong enough to scratch the plastic. This was a commando with the green, then I duracoated it black for a few months. During which time it saw some pretty good abuse in the rain/mud and rubbing agaisnt gear, without any signs of wear, just small faint scratches. I'm a huge fan of duracoat. I also use the flexing agent now. I did my safariland holster with the SIG so ill see how it holds up as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Im glad you posted that...I am intending on doing the plastic on mine that way...It's good to see it already in use to know it is gonna look good! Thanks bro

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
How did you cure the furniture?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Outstanding job looks great. Please PM me with your address so I can ship the first batch of firearms to you for your treatment. Will need them back my next Thursday.
Is that mold I see on your steel target my god man get to shooting could lead to a new zombie virus.
Seriously great job did you use an airbrush set up or what? Please let me/us know.

·
Registered
472 Posts
That is one fine paint job! I am jelous as hell. Could you PM me with exactly what you used? Or just post it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
MAN! Enumclaw87, that looks terrific! It looks like it is a factory finish!

SIG ought to take a look at that one - they may want to use it for a model for how to FDE their guns -- it really looks superb.

I am just amazed at how truly professional that paint job looks. Nice job!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just did an AR-15 SPR in the same scheme...I used Durcoat FDE to match the MapPul PRS stock on it and left some parts black...it is a nice scheme and looks just as good on your Sig!!!

I also second the notion that the Duracoat with flexing agent holds up very well on the plastic....there is a pic of mine in the 556 photos thread with the furniture Duracoated OD green and it has held up very very well.
MD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts