SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

Have you added something to your sig556 upper to correct the ejected brass discoloration/damage?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for how others here have fixxed their sig556's upper receiver discoloring caused from ejected brass.

Could I get some pics of those of you that have corrected that problem on your sig556?

Thanks and your help is appreciated.

I think I have decided to not put anything on it... :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
I don't have a picture but have seen photos of Sig 556 that people have applied the fuzzy section of velcro just to the rear of the ejection port to deflect the shell casing.
I suspect black electricians tape might work, but not be as long-lived.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've used BLK electricians tape for >500 rds no need to replace yet.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Here's how I used to have mine. If you end up using the velcrow you should change it when it looks worn. Some brake cleaner should take it right off pretty quick.

I don't use the velcrow anymore. "Chicks dig scars" :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I leave mine gun scared up. Chicks dig scars. As for the brass I full lenght resize it and have had no problems, you can barely notice the ding afterwards.

·
Registered
22 Posts
at the range that i go to they have regular scotch tape laying around. i just put a couple of layers over eachother and then take it off when i go. worked fine for me and didn't cost a cent ;-)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Zeus said:
I leave mine gun scared up. Chicks dig scars.
Ditto. I think it gives the gun character and makes it look like a used implement, not a safe queen. I do not disagree with others trying to prevent this, but personally, I like a little mileage to show.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Muad'dib said:
Zeus said:
I leave mine gun scared up. Chicks dig scars.
Ditto. I think it gives the gun character and makes it look like a used implement, not a safe queen. I do not disagree with others trying to prevent this, but personally, I like a little mileage to show.
Same here, I have left mine as is.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Neither of my 556s ding the brass anymore.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I dont care... ding, no ding, bent case, no bent case, I dont reload nor do I want my gun to look new... I care more about where the bullet lands then the casing. Since we are discussing case ejection, and I am left handed, I personally wish I could eject from the other side...

anyone got that figured out for the SIG?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
How many feet out the other side would you like it to eject?

Mine ejects 15-20 feet out the right side as it is! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like em it gives the Rifle Character!!...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts