SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

Do you tend to use male or female names for your guns?

• Male

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Female

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Depends on the situation or story behind the gun

Votes: 2 40.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't know about you folks, but every pistol, rifle and otherwise weapon, I have ever owned has had a name.

From Dante to Furies all the way to Six and Sting.

So lets here some of your names. Also I would love to hear why the got the names they did!

:shock:

·
Registered
306 Posts
HebrewHammer said:
I don't know about you folks, but every pistol, rifle and otherwise weapon, I have ever owned has had a name.

From Dante to Furries all the way Six and Sting.

So lets here some of your names. Also I would love to hear why the got the names they did!

lets see my ak and nagant are the only guns to have names so far.
Tatiana being the ak and natasha being the nagant.

the sigs have yet to be named :(

..and how the heck did one of your guns earn the name furries? :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lucky,

I Just noticed that I put one too many "R"s in that word. It should be Furies, as in the Greek godesses of Vegennce and unjustified crimes. In other words the great equalizer of unjust action, or in this case a G-32 in 357 Sig! Damn thing barks like a Rot!
Now my 556 is a funny one- I told my Moms- who has more NRA qualification and rockers then me- that I was getting a Sig Sauer. When she finally saw it- she goes, "Oh Sig Sauer, I though you said Six hour!" Say it fast enough- ya can't tell the difference!
So there ya go, Lucky. But when ya give your Sig 556 a name- chime in and let us know!
:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: The name of my Sig 556...

BullseyeJack said:
I take this very seriously, the naming of my firearms.

My Sig 556 is named, "Druskis" in honor of Virginijus Druskis and all Lithuanian patriots who stood up and demanded their freedom.
Now that, my friend is what I call a FLAWLESS name for a fireamr! It's got everything that a great name requires. Strength, Story, and Heart. Wether it be Patriotic and and full of Muscle, or it be Funny and full of heart, or even in Recongnition or a Family member or fallen Comrad and filled with soul. Either or, a name given to a firearm, gives it character and personality, and almost in a way, personifies the embodiement of our own passions!

My first pistol, a Bersa Mini 9 FIrestorm, was actually named by my 92 year old grandmother, of all people. She took one look at it, and asked, "What kind of pistol is this?" I told her it was a firestorm, and she paused for a moment, looked down at the gun in her hands, and said, "Dante." She had chorded the word Firestorm with the novel Dant'es Inferno from the Devine Comedy. Because of it's history, I will never sell, or pawn, or otherwise ever give my possesion of that gun away to any other man!

Take good care of Druskis, and he will ALWAYS fight for your freedom if the time comes!

·
Registered
17 Posts
lucky said:
HebrewHammer said:

From Dante to Furries all the way Six and Sting.

lets see my ak and nagant are the only guns to have names so far.
Tatiana being the ak and natasha being the nagant.

the sigs have yet to be named :(

..and how the heck did one of your guns earn the name furries? :lol:

The two names you chose for you AK and Mosin- freakin perfect! Russian names for Russian guns! You know for your SIG 556, if you are going with Country of Origin, There are some great websites that have loads of names lisdted by country.

Try -
http://www.behindthename.com/nmc/ger.php For German & Swiss names.
OR -
http://www.behindthename.com/usage.php For damn near every other name on the planet.

Or you could just let the SIG 556 name itself. One of the best ways to do this is to personify the Carbine. Think if it were human, would it be a male or female? What kind or personality would it have? And so on and so forth. Either way it is always your decision, and it will always come in a matter of time.

Please, let us know what you name it when you do & Have fun, Lucky!

·
Registered
472 Posts
The names of mine are in my signature... if you haven't noticed already. :p

I picked by the first thing that came to mind when I bought them.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Its probably been done before... ALOT. but I have decided to call my 308 700 sps tactical

AT&T. :lol:

"Reach out and touch someone."

·
Registered
518 Posts
I do not give them human names except my AK.

I call my old Lee-Enfield "The Broomstick" since it is basically a log with a gun stuck in it.

I call my Remington 700 SPS "Doombringer" after various unique weapons in fantasy games. It just sounds sweet.

My AK, I call it Миша (Misha). It is basically "Mike," the diminutive form of Михаил (Michael) after Mikhail Kalashnikov.

I haven't named any of my other guns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts