SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Six months ago I bought a Sig Diopter with a discount program they offered. It wiggled and wobbled and fell off the rail no matter how hard I tightened the mounting bolt. I returned it.

Six weeks later they sent a replacement. It's a wee bit tighter, but it slides back and forth on the rail. Seriously WTF. is this normal?

I'm trying to contact them to see if I can get a cash return.

Can somebody suggest a good replacement Diopter? I'm done with Sig crap accessories.

-Grutch

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is it the rifle's rail? My first 556 rifle's rail was off-sized enough to where two of my known good/in-spec detachable scope mounts would slide back and forth on it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The problem with the Aurora sights is you simply can't get them anymore.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Rail problem?

I would measure the width of your rail and compare it to a new 556 at a gun shop and see if there is any difference. my factory diopter fits nice and snug. I don't have any issues with that. I haven't heard of too many issues like yours. Good luck. John

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Patrol Swat came with the diopter and I haven't had any problems. Seems to be well made. I put a cheap (but nice) 40mm red dot on mine and took it off. Still have the emergency one in case the red dot breaks. I actually kind of like the emergency sight... but it's definitely not robust.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Rail problem?

papascull said:
I would measure the width of your rail and compare it to a new 556 at a gun shop and see if there is any difference. my factory diopter fits nice and snug. I don't have any issues with that. I haven't heard of too many issues like yours. Good luck. John
This really sucks, SIG replaced my rail since the last one popped off. It would suck if I have to send it back because they put a too narrow rail on my rifle. I'm guessing this might be it since two diopters don't fit.

-Grutch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts