SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SkyPup said:
I've got that magazine for hunting and it is pretty flimsy, leaves allot to be desired. I don't really trust it although I have only used it a couple of times.

This one is more substantial and trustworthy:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=21182/sku/5_Round_Magazine

True, but for a five round hunting mag you aren't really wagering your life on it...well I guess unless your hunting wild bore haha....but a P220 seems to take care of that issue!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have seen some of the wild boars down in SkyPups neck of the woods -- friends of mine hunt them with pikes -- yep, long lances -- they have a cross bar run through the lance about four feet up the lance shaft to stop the boar if he has charged you. Some of those monsters (and I do mean monsters -- those rogue males are FUGLY, all muscle, and get mean as all hell when they "frenzy") won't just kill you, they will eat you when they do...!

I would want the most reliable mag possible when you hunt the big boars. Even a pack of javelinas can cut you to ribbons if they get on you and your gun jams, or your backup runs empty...better hope there is a tree nearby and you can climb it faster than they can get to you!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I just traded a 30 round clear plastic Lancer for a brand new steel 5-shot OEM Colt magazine from one of my buddies! 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts