SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with one of these?
I've been thinking about getting a full-length A2-type AR and have access to a police trade on the cheap. Thoughts?

·
Registered
216 Posts
If the price is right and the condition is good, grab it. you can always add a DCM type free floating hand guard kit and improve the accuracy. Nice rifles.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can get it for 700 OTD, its VERY clean, shows a bit of handling wear.
I shot it on Monday and was getting 10 shots inside a 4" square at 100yds on a benchrest with Federal 55gr value pack stuff.
I put 100 rounds through it with no hint of a hiccup, although, if I get it, I'll put new gas rings and a new extractor spring in it.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
gunrat said:
Anyone have any experience with one of these?
I've been thinking about getting a full-length A2-type AR and have access to a police trade on the cheap. Thoughts?
...if you know the history and round count it might be a good deal...both Bushmaster and RRA makes a nice full-length A2 at a reasonable price...so does DPMS...

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am with Ullie, at that price, you're very close to the cost of a new 20" A2 rifle in the brand of your choice.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My first gun I bought was a colt HBAR. I hated it. I put several thousand rounds through it but I just never warmed up to it.

I happily sold it about a year before the ban was going to expire and waited to get something else. I bought my SIG556 and never looked back.

The guy I sold it to was satisfied though. However, I think if has become a safe queen as he has a few other AR clones that are great shooters but wanted a genuine colt for his collection. Each to their own I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts