SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Finally joined after >1yr with my 556; hurray! I have a Classic SWAT that I went out and bought the Classic polymer handguard for. I wanted to shave some weight over the quad rail and also make the rifle look more like the OG PE90. How have you guys shimmed the handguard so it doesn’t remain loose and rattle? I tried different tapes which just melted after a few mags at the range.

More importantly, I haven’t been able to find an original Sig handguard rail kit after about a year of trolling Gunbroker and Armslist. Does anyone have a set that they would sell, or may not necessarily want to sell, but could lend? I just met a good local 3D printing outfit and I think I could get some duplicates made for those of us who want them!

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Window Rectangle
Office supplies Cylinder Gun accessory Font Metal

·
Registered
589 Posts
You could try foil inside the gas block to tighten the front of the rail.
Go to a hardware store and pick up a roll of metal tape from their hvac section. It won't melt but don't know how hot the adhesive can be and have it still work. I don't have those issues so don't know.

As far as the rails, why not just take some metal ones and stick them on? You can just drill holes through the handguard where you want them, then using different screws and nuts/washers, tighten it down. If you look at a lot of rails, that's how they attach if they aren't threaded for that application--they use a metal 'bar' to provide the anchor point behind the handguard. That would be the least expensive and fastest way to do it. I'd do one on the right side and ditch the bottom one as that'd get in the way if you ever want to rest the weapon on something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

Finally joined after >1yr with my 556; hurray! I have a Classic SWAT that I went out and bought the Classic polymer handguard for. I wanted to shave some weight over the quad rail and also make the rifle look more like the OG PE90. How have you guys shimmed the handguard so it doesn’t remain loose and rattle? I tried different tapes which just melted after a few mags at the range.

More importantly, I haven’t been able to find an original Sig handguard rail kit after about a year of trolling Gunbroker and Armslist. Does anyone have a set that they would sell, or may not necessarily want to sell, but could lend? I just met a good local 3D printing outfit and I think I could get some duplicates made for those of us who want them!

View attachment 5479 View attachment 5480
Hi Corey,

I have been searching for this handrail kit forever. Did you ever find it? Did you have them made?

Thanks,
Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts