SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I purchased a SIG 556 SWAT two years ago and ran in to a problem with the charging handle/cocking lever. The old design had the handle turned upwards which would make it difficult if using an EOTECH. So I purchased an aftermarket one that folded downwards which solved the problem unless I sidefolded my stock. Then the downward one would interfere. I tried a straight charging handle off of one of my friends newer SIG 556's and it did not interfere with anything. I am wondering if anyone has a part number for the current "straight" charging handle? And any idea where to order one from? Is SIG the only place that would have such an item?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

·
Registered
188 Posts
Call Sig and ask them. Alot of guys got them for free, but now they are charging for them, but its not terribly expensive.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Call Sig's Customer Service. Just mention you want the revised charging handle. Trust me they'll know exactly what you're talking about. It costs $10 plus $14.99 shipping as of when I talked to them a week or so ago to order mine.

-Charlie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
c_morse said:
Call Sig's Customer Service. Just mention you want the revised charging handle. Trust me they'll know exactly what you're talking about. It costs $10 plus $14.99 shipping as of when I talked to them a week or so ago to order mine.

-Charlie
Thanks, I just did that. The new part number is # 1511650 for anybody else that needs it.

-Brian

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I called, and their C.S. still says he does not know what I'm talking about!

ARRRRRRGH

·
Registered
100 Posts
c_morse said:

-Charlie
Did you get the handle AND the rubber sleave? Mine came and all I got was the handle and it is small with 3 holes in it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
c_morse said:

-Charlie
$14.99 for shipping? did you ask them to overnight it to you? that just seems kinda high for a really small part/package.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts