SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased and just received a CCA UTG pistol grip from fellow member Ben. He had performed neccessary modifications to the grip so that it would fit the ER model of the 556. Ben is a real pro and you'd never know that this grip was not originally manufactured to fit the 556! Very ingenious - materials used were excellent and the end product is as strong as any design could be. Too bad some of the 'aftermarket' companies don't take a cue from Ben! As well, Ben was easy to 'work with on the purchase. I feel fortunate to have been able to deal with him on a real improvement for my 556!
Thanks Ben.

Correction - this was a CCA UPG grip

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments!
Some credit goes to member mdottroy who had the guts and patience to let me modify HIS grip before I put mine up for sale.
He advised me on a fitment issue he had. I then made a final modification which is used on the grips you have. Thanks mdottroy!
Enjoy your grips and thanks again!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
modified CAA grip

If you'll go to the non-FFL section, travel down to April 3 to a listing by Ben you'll see very good photos of the grip. Again, Ben does nice work on these.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ben, are you producing the CCA UPG grip modified for the SIG556? I modified a MagPul grip (with info supplied by another member), but I like the CCA grip better. Thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
hey ben,

any plans to offer them in the fufure?

or at least ost up a sticky on How To mod an AR grip? (i think the original was lost)

i would love to have a Magpul grip for my 556.

·
Registered
278 Posts
MrMcCrackin said:
hey ben,

any plans to offer them in the fufure?

or at least ost up a sticky on How To mod an AR grip? (i think the original was lost)

i would love to have a Magpul grip for my 556.
I have tentative plans to modify a batch of CAA grips for a group of forum members, that's if I can find some grips by November.

I don't think there's a real detailed post on modifying a made for AR grip for the 556 right now. The closest thread was the "grip confusion" post, and it looks like you're right, it's gone.

If I ever get started modifying the grips again, I can probably concentrate on making a detailed "how to" thread.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Im sure this grip is a PIA to modify and Ben may not want to make 50 of them for us......so....instead, how about we all throw a few bucks in to have Ben do another one, and do a nice write up for those of use who want to try it on our own? Rough numbers would suggest that there are about 30 interested parties, if everyone pitches in 5 bucks, Ben could make 150.00, and sell the modified grip for another 60......210.00 smackers for a write up aint bad.....whattya say Ben?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've been waiting for months for the CAA UPG16 grip to show "In stock" from my usual sources, but no luck.
I've pretty much given up plans on modifying a bulk set of those grips.
Though, I am in the process of modifying 1 Green CAA UPG16 which will be refinished in SANS SIG green using DuraCoat paint.
It should be posted for sale in the Non-FFL section in a couple of weeks.

I've looked at modifying another grip that is more readily available.
And, it has come down to 2 grips, which look pretty similar.
The FAB Defense AG-43 and the CAA G27.
The AG-43 is almost done and will also be put on the Non-FFL section soon.
The G27 is still in progress.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you ever decide to get make one for a Classic lower, I'll take it! Or, if one of the other ones you're working on will fit, put me first in line for one.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's been determined that there is no difference between the 556 ER and the Classic when it comes to the grip area. So, I see no problem with the modified grips fitting on Classics.

·
Registered
111 Posts
its really not that hard to make it fit, all i used was a dremel, just shave some down, test, shave some down, test, the worse part is you have to "gut" the inside because the grip is more narrow inside than the metal bracket inside the grip. You have to bore out the hole some to make the angle correct w/ the bolt that holds it on, fix the bolt hole last. this pic was earlier try, fixed the gap between grip and trigger.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ben does great work...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts