SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine had an idea over lunch that I think is interesting. He suggested that it might be an interesting idea to implement a calling campaign to the pentagon/military bases, rather than congress, to voice concerns over the subversion of the constitution.

Saying something to the effect that both the executive and legislative branches have abandoned the constitutionally mandated process for the passage of laws, and that we request that they, as the final stewards of our freedoms, honor their oaths to protect and defend the constitution using whatever means they deem necessary.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't imagine that any military outfit would be interested in performing a coup d'etat, or placing members of congress under arrest or anything like that. However, if the pentagon were to be flooded with millions of calls like this, it might garner more attention than simply calling congress, and may give them pause to realize that people are actually calling for a military intervention rather than allowing the current health care bill to be enacted without a vote.

It's a pretty strange idea I know, but I'm personally willing to try anything to preserve our republic. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Funny, although in a sad sense.

I had a Chinese from Taiwan sending me emails asking me, as a USMC officer and lawyer, to defend the constitution and our laws, and recognize Taiwan as its own country on the basis of some treaty signed around WWII where we took over Japan's holdings in the area.

Anyone who sends me a request like that which you suggest would like receive the same answer I gave said Chinese dude. You can imagine how that went.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, I can imagine...

I realize that doing something like this is bordering on being a Michael Moore type stunt, and trust me when I say I have no desire whatsoever to put myself in the position of being a whiney, annoying, posturing jackass that bothers people for the sake of making a point. That being said, I value my liberty more than my pride, and I'm more than willing to become 'that guy' if I feel that doing so could help.

If they enact the health care bill using this 'deem' mechanism they're talking about instead of a vote, I really think our republic will be lost.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Your goverment should be taking actions on the debt instead of blowing trillions on a partisan pipe dream as noble as universal health care is. Why don't they do real reforms in bitesize pieces instead of bankrupting the country for generations. Whats in that 2700 page abortion? Nobody knows.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
jalso said:
I value my liberty more than my pride, and I'm more than willing to become 'that guy' if I feel that doing so could help.
I have to agree.

At first I quickly dismissed the suggestion. But after a day of thinking on it, I wonder if perhaps it could be a viable way of getting the message across! It has become all too painfully clear that CONgress has absolutely no intention of governing with the consent of the governed any longer. They are plowing ahead with this monstrosity, even In the face of overwhelming opposition.

When a party's candidate wins an election, even with a slim margin, they like to crow on and on about having a 'mandate' from the American public. What the hell do they think the vast majority of the American public screaming that we do not want this abortion foisted upon us? Is that not one of the prime examples of a mandate from the American public?

We must do something, and it must be peaceful!

Any other ideas?

I think if We the People were to start flooding the pentagon with calls, it would at least make the news and lend even more credence to the fact that they have become a run-away government and we're reaching the limit of our patience with them. We don't want this. Illegals, welfare recipients, and the ever growing number of people who subscribe to the entitlement mentality are the ones that want this. In other words.... The ones who AREN'T paying into it!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have written letters to both Admiral Mullen, and Admiral Fallon a couple of years ago upon the realization that these were maybe the last of the "Big Brass" that values the Constitution more than they value their careers. I never received a response from either so I can't say whether they ever received them or not, but they were really more letters of thanks for certain decisions they made regarding their commands that didn't merit a response. What can I say other than "Good luck". Who is left in lofty positions that isn't a warrior for Wall street, or devout members of the agenda of the Council on Foreign Relations. I guarantee you that there is significant intelligence gathered and psychological profiling done on officers before they are promoted to any position of authority. According to former Reagan Administration guru Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, between Bill Clintons reign to the era shortly after 9/11, most of the "old guard" was cleared out in order to make way for "yes men" like General Petraeus. Even the more widely respected Tommy Franks, was quoted as saying that one more event like 9/11 would likely mean the end of the US Constitution. I may be just a civilian slob, but I would never publicly entertain the thought that there is ANY reason to trash our Constitution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts