SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cabelas has free shipping on orders over $150 right now.

I just bought some ammo, for roughly 40% off

PMC Bronze - 20 rounds - $6.49
Hornady 50 rounds - $24
Tula - 20 rounds - $3.79

They also sell the ACR ($2,200). I think that's first time I've seen it on their website.

That PMC for $0.32/shot is nice deal and my sig loves it.
Thought I would pass along the deal to board.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yea, I just stopped into their store on a whim recently, saw that, and picked up a few boxes of that PMC, its not super accurate, but not bad, probably 4-5moa in my rifle, good enough for plinking ammo.

They also had steel cased russian stuff i've never heard of in a plain white box with black lettering (not wolf or privi) for $5.99/20! Thats the lowest price I've seen on 223 anywhere in a long time. I decided it was worth the extra .50 to get the brass cased stuff, although I dont have a problem with the steel cased.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think that bit about the Tula was edited in after I posted, wow thats cheap though, thats cheaper than the cheaper brass cased 9mm round here. WWB 9mm goes for $23 per box of 100 here.

·
Registered
111 Posts
300 rds pmc was $126 in the ad, kid rang it up by scanning a 20rd box and x15, was $96, he cant ring up the "free" ammo box that comes w/ the deal so messes around and gets couple managers involved gets it to $126 on register...

uh..had him check the $96 again by scanning the boxes x15 again, tell him i'll take that deal

he then debates w/ the manager for 2-3 minutes and figures out how to ring in the ammo box...$15

uh..told him i ididn't want the box anymore. 300 rds/$96 seems a pretty good deal, especially when its the rounds ive been shooting already.

all ive shot in my sig in this pmc 55gr, no complaints, i was at cabelas to try to pick up some heavy rounds to test out, they didnt have much selection over 55gr and what they did was 50 rds/$44 75gr...i hope my sig is fine w/ 55gr cause thats to much for my taste.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The last gun show had 62gr M855 for $100/300 rounds. Not that much more than PMC.

My Sig likes the 62gr way better than the 55gr. The 55gr was kinda all over the place and I thought the gun was defective until another member suggested using 62gr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts