SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a pretty Big Distributor running a Buy any 556 get a 522 Free ! If any board member knows a dealer/FFL holder they can take advantage of this deal. This is probably why there are 522's going for around $400 now. The 556's have dropped in dealer pricing, this is turn has dropped the 556 consumer pricing. This might be SIG USA's way of getting rid of excess inventory before all the other mfg's come out with their new models later this summer, ie. SIG has their Piston AR clone coming out, Hk is suppose to have their US Civilian Piston AR, Bushmaster has the 1st generation ACR out now, etc.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I agree -- SIG is definitely moving some inventory by lowering prices.

There must be something big in the works behind the scenes.

SIG762 anyone???? :wink:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Which rifle is Sig trying to unload?

The 556 or the 522?

In my opinion, the 522 has not been living up to Sig's expectations. I could be wrong. Then again, why come out with a piston AR when you have the 556.

Sig has been short on logic since installing a whole new crop of beancounters at the top level of their corporation.

·
Vendor
825 Posts
My guess is that SIG wanted to get into the "assault rifle" market since O got elected, and prices went crazy. The 556 was brought in as a stopgap while they developed an AR, since they already had 556 production up and going in Switzerland, and could get it into the US market quickly.

Now that the AR platform is out, the 556 has taken back seat.

Say what you will about AR vs 556, the fact remains that everyone and his brother is making after factory upgrades for the AR, so that is the rifle most people will want to buy.

·
Registered
218 Posts
From another website:

Sig 556 Rifle w/ "Free" Sig 522 - $1461 shipped to your FFL
[cdnninvestments.com] has the Sig 556 Patrol model (shorter handguard and gas system) for $1461 shipped. It includes a "Free" Sig 522 with purchase. Local gun shops in Northern VA sell the 522 for around $500 so that makes the 556 by itself under $1000 . Decent price from what I saw at the last gun show I went to.

They also have the Classic version for $200 more although that version includes a "free" Sig red-dot sight as well as the Diopter Iron sights.

Also available are the 556 Swat (4-rail full length handguard), Swat Patrol (4-rail short handguard) and Pistol models. All include a free Sig 522 but I didn't check prices on these.

Catalog download is available here http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/cdnn/CDNN2010-2.pdf but you have to call the 800 number for pricing."

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was forwarded this deal on Saturday morning by a buddy of mine. I really could not believe it when I heard it. It is true. I bought my Sig 556 Swat Pistol yesterday ($1459) and was given the 522.

I am not much of a "Sport Shooter" so I really don't need the 522. My weapons are all approved for carry as either primary or backup weapons on duty and that is their purpose. I may give the 522 to my son as a Christmas present this year. Just could not pass up a free gun though... that would be against the rules!

If you choose to call CDNN, ask for Seth. Super nice guy and very helpful.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That's an excellent deal! The 522 is a great .22, and takes Blackdog mags too. Sorry I missed that deal, got the 556 last year, and the 522 in May-rare green stocked model. Really turns heads at the range!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts