SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing youtube the other day and came across bumb firing. I didn't know what it was so I watched... SWEET! I found some vids doing it with the 556.

Went to the pit today with the 50 rounds I had. I tried and tried but only got a 2 round bust.

Anyone else tried and gotten more? I know someone has done it!

Don't yell at me ullie! I know I probably won't try it again

·
Registered
12 Posts
i just tried today and only got a few round burst. i think the sigs trigger housing is too big? or is it the same as an ar?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've done it with mine, a whole 30rd mag.

Then I read how bad it is for your barrel. Won't be doing that anymore...well, maybe once more...

·
Registered
803 Posts
What a total waste of ammo/money.

Just give me the $15 a mag of ammo costs and I'll throw a string of black cats when you pull the trigger. Geardo aren't you active duty? I'm sure you could theoretically find a situation where you could do a mag dump with your issued M4 and actually be able to aim your weapon at the same time. Maybe I'm just a party pooper but it doesn't seem too safe either.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trey...

I know it's a big waste of money, but it's cool to know you can just "unload" like that. I probably won't ever try it again.

I was active duty, and our M4's only had 3 round burst but you could empty that pretty quick! :lol: And you are right, firing from the hip isn't safe at all. There are some guys I have seen (youtube) do it from the shoulder aswell.

I guess I should rethink spilling ammo out like I have in the past. I guess I don't realize I actually pay for this ammo. I just gotta "pull trigger go boom!" Thanks for the reality check Trey!

Geardo

·
Registered
136 Posts
Lighten up a little Trey. Fun is fun and life is too short not to be a jackass...

·
Registered
200 Posts
All I could muster was a few round burst a few times with my SBR.

·
Registered
803 Posts
It's official. I have turned into my grandfather. Reading my post with a fresh attitude today, it is clear that I am now a 70 year old in a 37 year old body.

I haven't been able to afford but ammo to practice lately without dipping into my SHTF stack..............so I'm cranky, OK? Sorry Geardo. It is $12-$40 a mag depending what you shoot though!?!?!

I didn't know that the m4's were not full auto. I guess it saves barrels and ammo. Still kind of surprising though.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I tried it once. After a dozen or so rounds the hammer fell when the bolt carrier was about 3/4 of the way to battery, hitting the underneath of the carrier and locking everything up tight. I had to tap out the takedown pin out with a hammer and punch to separate upper from lower.

Ask yourself this question - will you ever try to bump fire your weapon in a 'real' scenario? If not, then don't waste the ammo or incur the additional wear on your weapon if your just playing around. Train on your weapon how you intend to use it, and don't play with it like it was a toy.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
112 Posts
Now if I could do it with the 10/22 I'd sign up!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
For the 10/22 you just get one of those little crank things--no bump-fire necessary.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yeah its fun to do once in awhile.

You won't hurt the barrel running a mag or two through.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts