SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have about 1500 rounds through the rifle and I love it. Very accurate, and none of the issues that others have talked about.

I do have what I think is a new one, though. About once every magazine the bolt catch seems to be activated. Its been doing it for a while, and I thought it was me. I've had it happen on every type of mag I have, from Magpuls to GI 20round aluminum followers to new brownells, so I don't think its the magazines. It does seem that the mag catch pring, which holds it down is a bit light compared to my ARs, but I have no reference to tell outside of that. These same mags also run well in my ARs.

Anyone seen or heard of this?

Thanks, guys/gals....

·
Registered
111 Posts
it should catch once per mag after if fires the last round.

ive seen guys griping because the bolt catch wears down and doesnt catch but not the opposite.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nih said:
it should catch once per mag after if fires the last round.

ive seen guys griping because the bolt catch wears down and doesnt catch but not the opposite.
LOL! Yea...got that...but this isn't at the end, which it does superbly. After looking at it, I might shave down the length of the bolt catch...so it doesn't reach so far into the mag...I'ts very close to the back of the rounds...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts