SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So found a 600 yrd range and went out this morning w/ some different types of ammo and paper targets, they have steel frames from 1-600...no spotting scope so it was shoot and walk all day.

range lets you bring whatever targets you want so was thinking about getting 3 steel spinners and shooting at them next time i go out.

any suggestions on best ones? I'd like them to last awhile and $60-$100 range.

Not looking for anything fancy (1 target) not really heavy (i have to walk them out there), simple, one target, metal (so i can hear hits), spinner (can see hits), durable for .223 fmj, easy to setup/take down. any suggestions on size? thinking 12".

with 3 id put them at 100, 150, 200, then maybe move 150, 200 to 250, 300, and so on until i get them so far out that i can't hit them, then sorrowly walk out and move them closer. i was putting 300 yrds on paper np today, hoping to eventually get out to 600 consistently. have this nikon quick torrent deal (m-223) so probably always leave one at 100 to recheck that the scope is actually adjusting elevation.

something like this. suggestions on better/cheaper welcome.

http://metaltargets.com/SpinningTargets.htm#HVSpinning

·
Registered
226 Posts
I too would like to get something like this, and have all the same requirements, but one additional caveat:

I would like something that is able to be set up on a hill side, as most of the places I have to shoot long range, you're shooting into a hillside.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts