SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing is supposed to control muzzle rise dramatically. Anybody try one yet on their 556? I was thinking about picking one up for my P556 SBR. The videos on their website look like it does a pretty good job of controlling muzzle rise......dudes are shooting full autos one-handed no problem!

http://www.battlecomp.com/

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've been following the thread on M4Carbine.net. I'll probably wait a few more months for the rush to die down before I drop $150 on a muzzle device. David

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i'm trying to install the Battlecomp and it won't thread on more than a few millimeters. I double-checked the thread pitch from the manufacturer, and its 1/2x28 RH. It just won't screw on more than a 5-6 full rotations. I had no problem unscrewing the A2 flashider, and the threads aren't damaged in any way.

I have an earlier P556 with the flip-up blade front sight, serial number TP0028xx. I'm assuming the thread pitch is also 1/2x28. Has anybody had any difficulty installing an aftermarket (AR15) flashhider?

Need help asap.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i have 556006 and DPMS Muzzle Brake Levang Linear 1/2"-28 Thread AR-15 Pre-Ban Steel Matte went on fine so same size

is it on "all the way" already? maybe your suppose to use some type of large washer with it?

does the original screw off and on normal like? if so id exchange new one

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nih said:
i have 556006 and DPMS Muzzle Brake Levang Linear 1/2"-28 Thread AR-15 Pre-Ban Steel Matte went on fine so same size

is it on "all the way" already? maybe your suppose to use some type of large washer with it?

does the original screw off and on normal like? if so id exchange new one
No it was nowhere near being on all the way. It is the same size as an A2 FH, and was shipped with a standard crush washer, the same size that came with the Sig. Yes the original fh screws on and off normally.

I contacted Battlecomp and they said that maybe 1% of their customers are having this issue, they are attributing it to small differences in different manufacturers specs. Anyway, they said they would exchange it and ensure that I was 100% satisfied. I sent it back today. Excellent customer service.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got one on my sig and the reduction in recoil was amazing, granted it was the first and only compensator I've ever tried, but it was still awesome (compared to a standard A2 style). installation was no problem. it is much louder than the A2 and there is no flash reduction. the point of the battlecomp is to give you recoil reduction without blowing off the glasses of the person next to you. their ears however is another matter.

also, a crush washer required, which they provide with the comp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts