SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
scooby said:
At Top Gun Supply. Had to order mine before posting this :D

Get them while you can!
Thanks for the heads up. Just picked up a set. Of course I just got the Sampson front and an Arms #40 slp otw lol.

Oh well wanted the diopter set anyhow :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
aurora sights at top gun website

they are already out of stock :(

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Re: aurora sights at top gun website

jnathanj33 said:
they are already out of stock :(
Damn, that sucks, I guess by that face you didn't order them in time? :?

·
Registered
105 Posts
aurora sights out of stock at top gun

I missed out on them. will have to wait til Derek sends them more, whenever that will be. I was really wanting a second set. I had a fellow forum member contact me and I bought a set from him, but wanted to get a second set. being the glutton I am... :D

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Re: aurora sights out of stock at top gun

jnathanj33 said:
I missed out on them. will have to wait til Derek sends them more, whenever that will be. I was really wanting a second set. I had a fellow forum member contact me and I bought a set from him, but wanted to get a second set. being the glutton I am... :D
I was actually surprised they sold out in 2 days, Derek said it was a very large shipment they sent to TGS.

I was going to order an extra set myself but I didn't, now I think I should have. :?

·
Registered
690 Posts
I got an order in the day TGS announced they were back in stock. I couldn't click the fields fast enough thinking they would last only a few hours. They had them for 3-4 days though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Accomplice said:
I got an order in the day TGS announced they were back in stock. I couldn't click the fields fast enough thinking they would last only a few hours. They had them for 3-4 days though.
Man, that must have been a small batch! I hope there are some improvements made before the next batch is produced.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Phazuka said:
Man, that must have been a small batch! I hope there are some improvements made before the next batch is produced.
...have you even mounted and used a set of Aurora sights...or do you like bashing them again like in your other post ?...according to what you posted so far...you haven't...

... http://www.sigarms556.com/viewtopic.php?p=57819#57819

...i've had contact with dozens of people that have...including myself...and almost all agree that they are the absolute best diopters available for the 556...

...if i were to recomend a set of diopters...it would be the Aurora set...they are as close as you are going to get to the Swiss...at a third of the price...great sights !

...mabey that's why they sell out so quickly and are "out of stock" almost everywhere...you think ?

·
Registered
261 Posts
ullie said:
...if i were to recomend a set of diopters...it would be the Aurora set...they are as close as you are going to get to the Swiss...at a third of the price...great sights !

...mabey that's why they sell out so quickly and are "out of stock" almost everywhere...you think ?
Just to clarify, when you say Swiss. You prefer Aurora to the SigSauer rear diopter?
Thx

·
Registered
40 Posts
goo said:
Just to clarify, when you say Swiss. You prefer Aurora to the SigSauer rear diopter?
Thx
SigSauer sights are NOT Swiss. Don't confuse the two.
The SigSauer Diopter sights are the crappy ones (US made I believe) that come with the rifle ..

Swiss sights are by Swiss Arms, Inc. - European makers of the 550 line.

The US Aurora sights are closest to the authentic Swiss type and at a fraction of the price.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
goo said:
Thx
...the Aurora diopter is "virtually" identical to the Swiss diopter produced by SAN Swiss Arms AG for their 55x series...the Aurora front sight...as now produced...has an adjustable post so as to cover the height range of the interchangable Swiss front posts...

...the Sig Sauer diopter is a totally different rear sight...

...the only diopter set i would mount on my carbine would be either the Swiss set or the Aurora set...

...i would not mount the Sig Sauer diopter on "any" rifle...not even their 522...

·
Registered
365 Posts
He219 said:
goo said:
Thx
SigSauer sights are NOT Swiss. Don't confuse the two.
The SigSauer Diopter sights are the crappy ones (US made I believe) that come with the rifle ..

Swiss sights are by Swiss Arms, Inc. - European makers of the 550 line.

The US Aurora sights are closest to the authentic Swiss type and at a fraction of the price.

Man, is there something fatally wrong with the Sig diopter sights? Do they fall apart the first time the gun is fired?
OK. Maybe these Swiss ones ... or Auroras, are better.
But am I gonna die if I shoot my 556 with the original sights??? :? :?
Wow......

Maybe I just got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning . . . . :roll:

·
Registered
261 Posts
OK, I think I will buy Aurora as my BUIS and the pop-up will be my back-ups back-up, it seems pretty worthless.

So this rear site is $255 and worthless?

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Phazuka said:
Accomplice said:
If I recall correctly, Derek quoted me at least 200 sets shipped to TGS...

goo said:
OK, I think I will buy Aurora as my BUIS and the pop-up will be my back-ups back-up, it seems pretty worthless.

So this rear site is $255 and worthless?

You will have to wait for the next shipment to go out to TGS.

As for that SIG diopter made by iTAC Defense ( http://itacdefense.com/home.aspx ), I wouldn't say it's 'completely worthless' but the set screw has been known to snap the head off if you tighten it too much to keep it from "shooting loose", I think all of the mounting hardware on it are made of die-cast metal but could be wrong.

Mine served me fairly well on my SIG556 up until recently I have replaced it with the Aurora diopter set.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Aurora Sights

Okay, last time Aurora sights came in I was slow to act and by the time I did they were out of stock ... AGAIN.... So I signed up to be notified by e-mail when they returned to stock.
Today, I finally GOT that e-mail.
One set Aurora Sig 500 series sights en route as I type! :D
They're a bit expensive .... but I am sick of fighting that less than adequate rear sight on my patrol Sig 556. It keeps threatening to disassemble itself!!!! Hopefully, the Aurora will be of a mind to stay intact! :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
All of SIGs accessories are not made by them, they are cheap ass knockoffs made by iTAC and they are POS. If you want to use them go ahead, but it's like putting cheap lawnmower wheels from Wal Mart on your BMW. I found out the hard way with their POS fking laser light combo. It still burns my ass just thinking about it. :evil:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Zeus said:
All of SIGs accessories are not made by them, they are cheap ass knockoffs made by iTAC and they are POS. If you want to use them go ahead, but it's like putting cheap lawnmower wheels from Wal Mart on your BMW. I found out the hard way with their POS fking laser light combo. It still burns my ass just thinking about it. :evil:
:?

Uh, ... er, Aurora isn't a "Sig" accessory"??? --- is it?
The whole reason I'm putting nearly $300 to this is I am having trouble with the gizmo Sig already put on my 556! :shock:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts