SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I would like to knnow if anyone here is good at putting a dollar value to a rifle. In other words I want to know how much my 556 is worth.
Here it goes:
I bought a Sig Sauer 556 SCM. I took the polymer grip off, put the sig sauer alloy quad rail on. Took that laser sight off and put a sig sauer rotary diopter on. I put a Leupold VX-III 2.5-8x36 on it mounted to a Larue 2 piece quik release. This rifle is bore sighted and has not been fired since i put the scope on it. SO it has about 300 rounds through it. I was not done, I put a surefire x400 laser/light combo on So what do u guys think this baby is worth? I have to get pictures of it up because in all honesty this thing is ver intimadating
?

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
bluefin556 said:
Here it goes:
I bought a Sig Sauer 556 SCM. I took the polymer grip off, put the sig sauer alloy quad rail on. Took that laser sight off and put a sig sauer rotary diopter on. I put a Leupold VX-III 2.5-8x36 on it mounted to a Larue 2 piece quik release. This rifle is bore sighted and has not been fired since i put the scope on it. SO it has about 300 rounds through it. I was not done, I put a surefire x400 laser/light combo on So what do u guys think this baby is worth? I have to get pictures of it up because in all honesty this thing is ver intimadating
?
...first off...i would break the package apart and sell most of it seperately...the scope..light/laser and Larue mount should easily sell...all good stuff !

...for the SCM with the quad rail and Sig Sauer diopter...considering the round count...i would advertise it as LNIB (like new in box)...why...because it is...as long as it's not "dinged" or "marked up"...

...i would start at ~ $1500 and be willing to go down in price a little...check around and see what they are selling for...or sell the quad rail seperately ~ $ 200...and the diopter for ~ $150...and reduce the price on the 556 accordingly...

...the Leupold VX-III 2.5-8x36 is a great scope...i would ask about $350...

...the Surefire X400 laser/light combo...somewhere around $400...

...the larue mounts...i'm guessing you've got the LT-123 with inserts...around $150...

...i would mention that shipping and insurance is included in your prices...except for the 556...i would pay the shipping and let the buyer choose to insure it and pay the insurance....

...and be patient and willing to negotiate a little on the prices...but don't sell yourself short !

...my 2 cents... :p

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Sounds like good advice to me. If you offer a fair price, it will sell. If you ask top dollar for everything they will just buy new from a box store so they have the return option. Good luck :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Since it is a SCM, you are taking a hit on your dollar returned. Your main market is CA, NJ, NY, MA. Other than that you're SOL!

It may move on Gunbroker for 85% of msrp.
It would trade in at a shop for roughly 65-70% of what you paid.
You could also try consigning it at a decent shop.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi bluefin5566,

I'm fairly new to GunBroker.com but just like ebay (which I have used for years) GB has a 'completed' option so that you can search for sales which actually sold. This is something I would consider as a baseline for what other rifles or accessories have sold for on the open market.

It's often somewhat limited in value, depending upon how popular the item is, but it's certainly better than nothing, and a very simple starting point for your answer.

I agree with ullie's advice about parting it out, but often folks buy on impulse too, and generally like finding just what they want. Sometimes they will be willing to pay a premium for a package that would save them some looking and buying. For that reason, I often list things with the 1st option going to the buyer of the rifle (or highest cost component), if the buyer of that doesn't want any (or all) of the accessories, then the parts go separately.

My 2¢ worth...

Good luck!
MeridianNW~

·
Registered
350 Posts
I can buy a new SCM localy for $1350, and on gunbroker they seem to be about $1200.

Since the market sucks right now I'd ask about $1500 for the whole package. You would do better breaking it up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yea, the scm is wierd. On the one hand, no threaded muzzle is super lame, but on the other hand, I would much rather have an receiver that was compatible with AR stocks, in fact i'd much rather have the fixed a2 stock thats on there than any of the fake swiss ones on the classics.

So I guess whatever someone is willing to pay.

If I was going to get another 556, and had the money, I would jump all over a used scm if someone had already threaded the barrel, and especially if someone had already tested it for accuracy and found it to be a shooter (and I believed them :wink: ) If it also had the 551 hand gaurds, and without the light,scope,etc, I'd probably pay $1800 or so. I dont have any money, dont need another 556, and my preferences may be a lot different than other peoples.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1800? If someone gave me 1800 there wife or girlfriend would have to guarantee me a bj for atleast a year once a week. hahahah

Also, to whoever said it sounds heavy. Define heavy for me please.

Thanks for the input guys, I guess selling it piecemeal woul dbe best option. I aint selling it though,F it...I put too much care, research, and time to get 2K for it. Ill work a couple extra weekends and just make 2k the old fashion way! The rifle is straight nasty and I guarantee if you held it and saw a good picture you would be like.....Jesus H Christ...you would definitely say the "H" part of Jesus H Christ. That Laser dot covers everything from 1-100 yards out and the scope takes over from there. Plus that x400 throws a lot of clean lumens. Any other input?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts