SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I decided to update my Sig 556 Swat Patrol. I have been disappointed with the trigger but never wanted to mess with it until my oldest son wanted more from it. It’s one of his favorites.
Anyway I ordered the shooting sight hammer/sear and tried looking up videos. I saw the CGI one but I wasn’t sure if it directly applied to the 556 series. The instructions are kind of vague on Arts website. I also left message with Art. I don’t want to mess it up. I have spare parts etc but would rather not have to use them.
I am really hoping someone who has installed them would be willing to walk me through etc.
Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Texas Gunsmith does a 7 part series on the Sig 556 trigger, along with the instructions that came with the trigger this should give you everything you need to do the upgrade.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks I guess I went through it too quickly. I only saw the trigger removal not the hammer. I will watch more intensively again. I saved the videos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Got it installed. Thanks for the tips and leads. Not really sure what to think of it. It is definitely smoother and feels a tad lighter. The travel seems close to the same. Reset is definitely better in feel and audibility. It is an improvement but honestly not as much as I wanted. I got the plunger right at the sweet spot too but I guess I am a trigger snob. I am used to some pretty good single stages all my rifles and my only other 2 stage is on my Virtus. We’ll see how it shoots this week. Have to unpack first from hunting.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm kinda a trigger snob as well, most of my rifles have Geissele triggers, but I don't mind the 556 triggers for some reason.

I haven't tried the upgraded triggers but am considering buying one since companies aren't really making parts for the 556 anymore.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts