any one need any work done ? | SIG Sauer 556 Forum

any one need any work done ?

Discussion in 'Non-FFL' started by hawk_550, Jun 11, 2013.

1. hawk_550

hawk_550 Member

behind on some bills and willing to take on some work, I cannot accept upper receivers but can cut and thread barrels, I can take the humps off of the 551-a1 lowers and convert them to accept swiss pins.

if their is any thing your thinking about having made or what ever shoot me a pm and we can talk about it, I can also black oxide as well

2. ShootingSight

ShootingSight Member Supporting Vendor

How much to cut a barrel profile? I've already cut the threads for the receiver end, but it is a used 30cal barrel palma barrel with a continuous taper that I want to cut to a HBAR SIG profile I created, including threading the tip so I can eventually put on a can.

THe project stalled and has been sitting next to my lathe for months as I do other things.

3. hawk_550

hawk_550 Member

shoot me an email with a pic of the profile your looking to have done, also how long is the barrel

4. ShootingSight

ShootingSight Member Supporting Vendor

Don't recall if I have your email, send me a ping, and I'll reply.

I'm after a 20" barrel. I started with a 30 or 32 barrel that was 308, but was shot out, so I cut off 2" on the chamber end, which should clear out the eroded throat. As stated, I cut the SIG threads on it, and then am looking at taking off as little as possible, right up to the band where the front sight mounts, and then again leaving as much as possible out to the FH threads.