SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
554 Posts
New AK on the way for me. Bought an EAA Zastava PAP with thumbhole sporter stock and picatinny rail. Some think it's ugly, personally I think a regular AK stock is ugly. Don't care that it's a single stack, It's my first AK and will be fun. I know Zastava makes some great stuff, so I will post pics and range report when I get it. For $345 I couldn't go wrong.

Attachments

· Registered
554 Posts
Got my new Zastava PAP Wednesday and took it to the range today. I am very pleased with the accuracy, fit, finish and functionality. I noticed no trigger slap common to the WASR 10 type AK's with the original trigger group. I don't think this gun has been modded with a Tapco trigger. I am no AK expert as this is my first but I couldn't be happier for the money. The first shot on the target at 50yrds. was low and then I adjusted sights. I shot from the bench off my shooting bag. The ammo was American Eagle red box 124gr FMJ if I remember correctly. I also shot some Wolf in it because, it's an inexpensive AK. It all shot and extracted fine. The trigger pull is fine, it's no SIG of course, but I definitely understand the similarity in bolt design between the two. I can see why people love AK's now. Out to 200yrds it would be very effective from an accuracy standpoint. The more different weapons I shoot, the more I realize how much I don't miss my AR. I think just because it's American made, people think it's better than it is. It's a loyalty thing. They are accurate and perform great when you are able to maintain them, but I wouldn't trade my SIG for one in a million years. If your in the market for an AK, and don't care about high capacity, IMHO I don't think you can go wrong with this rifle. I will buy another to tweak on later in 2011. Sorry about the blurry cell pic. :oops:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.