SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine is a JS0354XX that was born in June of 2009, if that helps. I believe this run had issues based on comments here, but my 556 has been a perfect machine with 0 issues through 1,400 rounds.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I believe the ones that had issues were JS 22xxx to JS 30xxx and a few early JT serial numbers. Others, please chime in if I'm wrong. Check SigOhio's thead "Check your 556 for wear/damage to the carrier." It lists specific serial numbers.

·
Vendor
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The last SN reported with bolt ssues is JT001200 range, so this one looks to be around 3000 newer.

If I win the auction, maybe I'll report back no problems, maybe I'll be adding another SN to the bottom of the list of known issues ...

THanks for the lead.

Art

·
Registered
427 Posts
Longrifle said:
I believe the ones that had issues were JS 22xxx to JS 30xxx and a few early JT serial numbers. Others, please chime in if I'm wrong. Check SigOhio's thead "Check your 556 for wear/damage to the carrier." It lists specific serial numbers.
Mine is JS 028xxx and I have zero issues or problems.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
There's a used SWAT model at my local Gander Mnt. for $1499. It is SN JT 0077 XXXX range and the bolt carrier is the newer light colored finish. It appears the carrier has a bevel to it that looks factory machined in the area where people had contact. The stock tube is plastic with a MAGPUL CTR and a weird looking sling attach plate. The quad rail has the hook on the right rear to catch a floding stock but this gun doesn't have a folding stock. I'm guessing this gun is a modified ER with a quad rail and stock added. No rear sight but a hooded front installed. I am a little leery about messing with a used gun that doesn't seem original. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
152 Posts

Low 30k JS30xxxER here with zero issues after 3000+ rds! Zero canted rail, same for carrier peening, had a bit of excessive upper/lower wobble beginning at around 1500rds but Zurich Wedge corrected and included improved accuracy. Shoots MOA with Leupold VX-R 1.1-4 on a GG&G mount benched with Lake City 62gr M855 ball believe it or not, with repeatibility,

·
Registered
561 Posts
There's a used SWAT model at my local Gander Mnt. for $1499....I am a little leery about messing with a used gun that doesn't seem original. What do you guys think?
I believe the Gander gunsmith checks out the used firearms they buy and Sig will fix their products...and can send them back through Gander as Gander is a Sig retailer....so buying a that used firearm would be about as low risk as buying a used one can be.

I don't know if that's a good deal on the rifle or not, but for me, I prefer the longer gas systems, no matter what weapon it's on, and this is the longer one....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts