SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was looking at my gas system the other day and it really looks like you could add another position between the two settings already there. Making it three position. Also you could make two or three other positions on the opposite side. I was thinking I could lower the gas, cause this thing throws brass way far. Also would help with the recoil I think... Any thoughts? Experiences? FYI mines the patrol with the short gas system.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had to send my classic back to the factory due short stroking. All they did was enlarge one of the gas ports on the valve. It may be that the valve is designed for nearly the smallest amount of gas required to allow the action to function. Good luck, let us know what happens.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I moved the block 180 degrees and then added a notch to make a secure gas shut off to save brass. If you can get the hole to line up for the notch confidently then I would say go for it just start small and work up. Just don't let sig know you did that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I wish I had another gas valve to work with... I wonder how much one would run me... anybody know where I could get one?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Adding gas settings

I reverted a Saiga 12 back to pistol grip config. Adding positions to the gas valve is now a common modification among the Saiga 12 loyalists.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i'll have to wait to do this after I send my gun in to have it repaired. The quad rail is cracked... came that way. Didn't notice it at the store. Need to call Sig...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts