SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent them the barrel and receiver vices for the 55X series and they are going to keep those tools after they work on my 556 tomorrow. So starting next week they will be able to take your orders for barrel/ muzzle device work.

The AR crowd loves ADCO and swears by their service on more than 10,000 barrels over the years. I am pretty stoked to have them as an option for work on our 556 barrels.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks for your contribution to ADCO for them to do 55x barrel work. I've had work done on a WOA SS barrel and it was exemplary.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. They actually came up with a great deal. If I got the tools to them, they would do the work on my rifle for free. It was about $200 to get the tools shipped to me from COGUNSALES.

ADCO's rates are so low that I had to choose a ton of their services to make it work out. They are doing a cut to 14.5"/ thread/ crown/ perm. attach muzzle device, refinish in gray and maybe even modding a Magpul trigger guard for me. It should be really sweet looking when it gets back to me.

Quick photoshop of the ballpark transformation I'm shooting for (my gun is one of the green ones though)...

·
Registered
105 Posts
ADCO

I would like to see pic's of their work.... thanks

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adco cut one back then perm attached a muzzle brake to get to 16" of barrel:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tell ADCO. :p They only sent a teaser pic after I told them I was chomping at the bit to see their handywork.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They posted a full rifle pic (note that they did the trigger guard mod! :D )

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can now say first hand that though these mods don't seem like much, they really improve the feel, handyness and pointability.

Edited to add: back from the range. ADCO did a good job on the barrel. It seems just as accurate as before but it is much handier. The muzzle brake I put on is pretty loud. One a 16" inch gun it wasn't bad. I'd say a 5 out of 10, with 10 being loudest. On the 10.5" SBR it was on before it was a 10 (loud as shit). On a 14.5" gun it is about an 8.5. Loud as heck but not where muffs and plugs must be worn together.

The gun functioned flawlessly. The flapping/ clicking classic trigger guard was replaced with the Magpul enhanced trigger guard while at ADCO, and it rocks. Looks good and is on flush and solid.

ADCO barrel top, 556 pistol below...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Accomplice, you have the coolest looking 556!!!! I have always lusted over your pistol grip!!!!!

When you gonna get a ACR?

How do you like the SCAR and how do you compare it to the 556?

I handled the SCAR and the ACR at the NRA show in Charlotte NC a month or so ago and I was very impressed with the SCAR but not so much with the ACR.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
moses said:
Accomplice, you have the coolest looking 556!!!! I have always lusted over your pistol grip!!!!!

When you gonna get a ACR?

How do you like the SCAR and how do you compare it to the 556?

I handled the SCAR and the ACR at the NRA show in Charlotte NC a month or so ago and I was very impressed with the SCAR but not so much with the ACR.
Thanks. I don't have any plans to get another rifle for the next year but if I did, it would be the black SCAR (L or H). The one pictured is a buddy's gun and it is impressive. It has very light recoil and the best balance of any rifle I've picked up.

The ACR looks interesting but I don't think it can touch the SCAR. The enhanced ACR should be about $1,700 max.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The enhanced ACR should be about $1,700 max.
You're off by about $900. Currently on Gunbroker there's one on auction and it's up to ~$2900. Bidding started at $2600.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LebbenB said:
You're off by about $900. Currently on Gunbroker there's one on auction and it's up to ~$2900. Bidding started at $2600.
I'm spot on. The ACR's release stiffed because their pricing was so out of whack with perceived value. At $1,700 for a street price, they would sell tens of thousands of them. They will only sell a small fraction of that if they stick to their current pricing structure.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There pricing for the ACR probably doomed that rifle! Unless they bring it down to where it should have been! :x

·
Registered
363 Posts
Accomplice said:
LebbenB said:
I'm spot on. The ACR's release stiffed because their pricing was so out of whack with perceived value. At $1,700 for a street price, they would sell tens of thousands of them. They will only sell a small fraction of that if they stick to their current pricing structure.
I agree that ~ $1700 is where it should be. But currently the ACR is at $2600 for an enhanced and $2400 for a basic. Hopefully market forces will drive the prices down.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've seen the basic drop down to $1900 with the release of the enhanced. The early adoptors will keep the enhanced prices high for about 3-6 months and I'm pretty sure they will drop below $2000 also. Just a guess, though...

·
Registered
51 Posts
That work looks bad ass... Im intrigued..

Accomplice..

What's the name of the comp. pictured?
and
Do you feel any difference in recoil or climb, compared to the birdcage type OEM?

Thx.
Max

Never mind... both questions were answered by you on another post.
For anyone else the comp. is a FSC556 and yes it makes a hell of a difference.

·
Registered
690 Posts
That work looks bad ass... Im intrigued..

Accomplice..

What's the name of the comp. pictured?
and
Do you feel any difference in recoil or climb, compared to the birdcage type OEM?

Thx.
Max

Never mind... both questions were answered by you on another post.
For anyone else the comp. is a FSC556 and yes it makes a hell of a difference.

Max,

That is a PWS FSC-556 compensator. It works as advertised. Muzzle hop is almost gone as is recoil. I shot a defensive carbine class with it yesterday. There were 3 ARs with either birdcage hiders or no muzzle devices, a SCAR with a black out flash hider, a Sig 522 with the birdcage style hider, a Ruger piston AR with the PWS and my gun. I was getting quicker follow up shots than anybody from what I could tell.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts