SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you end up getting one and need the TA60 mount, I've got a brand new one I don't need for cheap. From what I hear they work pretty well and the low mag on them is fairly quick, not to mention the fact that you don't need batteries. Personally I went with the 3x TA33G-H and absolutely love it. Out to 400m has been no problem and with a front lens cap on its almost as quick as the Eotech. I love mine.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
RBorgers said:
Has any one tried the new micro ACOG 1.5X16? I am considering one for my Sig 556 SBR.
...1.5 X isn't very much magnification...and more of a liability than an asset for any close quarter application...with the Acog you still have issues with eye relief and exit pupil size...making head position and cheak weld critical...

...if you "must" have an Acog in 1.5 X...i would recomend the 1.5 X 24...you will have over an inch more eye relief and a considerably larger exit pupil...making "head position and cheak weld" less critical...allowing you to more rapidly engage targets...

...for CQB operations...nothing comes close to an Aimpoint or Eotech in speed...if that's what you're looking for...and in close quarters...nothing beats a non-magnifying optic...

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just bought Burris AR332 which is 3X ACOG, but costs $299 rather than $899. I'll let you know hot it fires, but have heard good reviews.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts