SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Academy here in Houston yesterday and picked up all of their sig mags...they were selling 2 for 30 bucks! I bought them out. They are on the aisle with all of the other magazines at the bottom in a blueish box...
I called my brother who lives up in Dallas and he went and got them there too...so I think it is a store wide thing.
Just passing the good news along...that is cheap for a magazine...ESPECIALLY a true sig mag.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Don't know if you've been here long but unfortunately the SIG mags you purchased are made by iTAC not SIG. I hope you have great luck with them but most people here have found them to be pretty crappy, that's probably why they were cheap. I hate to tell you that after you already bought em' but just so your expectations aren't too high. Your best bet would have been to buy a lot of PMAGS. I would try them and if they don't work, sell them to someone who might be able to use them. I think people get suckered by the cool mag coupler. Anyway hope they work out for you, maybe they have fixed the issue with em. I suggest do some reading here before buying anything else SIG related. :wink:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Interesting, I've read all the review that Sig mag should be thrown downrange and used as target practice. But I have never had a problem and have 3 of them. I also recently read the guy on here who's PMags didn't work well, but did have good luck with Sig. Maybe Sig has improved?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would return them ASAP, you can buy good mags for that money.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I found a good use for the Sig mag that came with the 556. I removed the spring and follower, filled it with epoxy and now use it a lower receive vice block. Works great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts