SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you guys think I have become too enamored with SCARs, here are my SIG 556s:

The Original Prankster (S/N 3xxx with all Swiss internals - great shooter!) with Spec Ops buttstock mag holder, Leupold VX III 1.5-5 x 20 scope, Command Arms vert grip and Streamlight TLR-1:

The second in the series, an early production run 556 folder, with SIG Stoplite (the thing is totally blinding -- 300 lumens with strobe and laser), EOTech 512.A65 (AA batteries) and Blackhawk mag coupler with D&H mags:

And the mini-SIG556, an early production run P556 with EOTech 511.D1 (single red dot) with GG&G lens covers, matched with a Streamlight TLR-2 with red laser, and SIG mags coupled (they feed just fine for me -- Israeli made):

·
Registered
472 Posts
NICE!

·
Registered
8 Posts
okay, make us drool...

@Clyde - Okay, seriously. If you have the time some long weekend that you could drag out the entire collection, set up a photo shoot, and take one entire family photo for us lurkers, I would be the first to really appreciate it. It would be like taking a trip to the local gun shop without having to pass over all the firearms I don't care about.

After that you can share with us your fiscal wisdom so we can all be so firearm blessed. :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Re: okay, make us drool...

SigVeno said:
@Clyde - Okay, seriously. If you have the time some long weekend that you could drag out the entire collection, set up a photo shoot, and take one entire family photo for us lurkers, I would be the first to really appreciate it. It would be like taking a trip to the local gun shop without having to pass over all the firearms I don't care about.

After that you can share with us your fiscal wisdom so we can all be so firearm blessed. :)
+100 :lol: :shock: :p

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I will have to do that. I have been thinking about doing it for some time but never had the opportunity. I'll try and make it a "rainy day project...!"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very nice. How do you that VX-3 on there?

Sigmun

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The VX-3 is a really great choice for this weapon (a big shout out to my virtual friend Ullie for the great advice :wink: ).

I have recently purchased some higher scope rings for it, to be able to clear the rail better, which I plan to mount shortly.

The low light clarity is stunning, really great indoors actually, especially under fluorescents....

I opted for the hunting scope with the fine duplex reticle, since it gets on the target very rapidly without clouding your sight picture.

Ullie recommends the illuminated reticle, which I think would be a great choice, especially at twilight or at night, particularly against a black background.

I would have gone that direction, but I made the mistake of looking at the new Nightforce 2.5-10 x 32 with the new illuminated Velocity reticle at the same time, and that had to go home with me, plus five SIG P220 mags, and the P226 Blackwater Tactical I went to the out-of-town gun store to buy in the first place, so I was looking at a pretty expensive bill, so I passed on the illuminated reticle to save some dough.

It is actually pretty easy to use the 1.5x magnification with both eyes open for me -- I am right eye dominant, and I find it actually helps draw my eye to the crosshairs.

And when you want to zoom in, 5x is about all you need for a 5.56 rifle...at least for my intended usages.

Great scope for under $400...very hard to beat! I would recommend it without hesitation...but go illuminated if you can.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is a nice scope. I put one on my Classic with a Larue mount. I got a deal on E-Bay for mine and it's illuminated with the Duplex. It is cristal clear. It is very good at 100 yards for sure and I would like to try it farther out as well but haven't yet. I'm shooting 75 gr. BTHP match in mine and it will lay them in there right beside each other at that distance. I'm no marksman so it's only limit is me. The only thing I don't like about it is it didn't come with flip up lens covers. I'm sure Leupold sells them for it as the Mark 4 comes with them.

Sigmun

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Ach mein Gott - I'm crying on my keyboard....... :shock:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I want...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts