SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Widener's has these on special, $63 for 500. Made by Privi Partizan. Should be good cannon fodder for the AR's and Sig556

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loaded up 300 rounds of the 69 grainers tonight. By next week, I'll have all 1000 rounds loaded up. At the moment I am using 25.5gr W748 powder since I have some to use up.
At least I have some ammo ready to go for my first day at the range with the Sig556.
I'm also going to load up some 60gr V-Max bullets which duplicate the Hornady 60gr TAP load.
We'll see which one it likes better.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to also use AA2520 and some IMR4895 tonight just for comparison. They're all good 223/308 match powders.

They day I take the rifle out, I'll mount a Leupold Vari-X3 4.5-14 scope to check out how it shoots.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turns out that IMR4895 isn't one of the better powders for the 69 grainers. I skipped loading with that powder and ran with AA2520 powder.
I loaded another 300 rounds tonight. I'll take what I have to the range in a couple of weeks and see if I like these bullets.Weather is just beginning to break here. If they group well from my rifles, I will order more of them. My measuring stick will be shooting them from my Armalite 24" Flat Top then the Sig556.

If they don't group well from that rifle, I'll find another bullet to use. The 60gr V-Max will also be suitable.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Re-read the post. The PRIVI 69gr and Barnes 70gr shot to the same POI. Not the 75gr PRIVI bullets.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Popapi said:
nycstripes said:
Re-read the post. The PRIVI 69gr and Barnes 70gr shot to the same POI. Not the 75gr PRIVI bullets.
No Sir I think you need to Re -read the post because he used the same load with the 75grns and not the 69grns. Look below and you may see why I asked the question.

SkyPup said:
Those were the 75 grain Prvi bullets in front of 25.0 grains of BLC-2.

I used 25.0 grains of BLC-2 behind the Barnes 70 grain solid copper TSX bullets too, no signs of any pressure at all. Will work up this load to 25.5 grains of BLC-2, the Barnes TSX apparently has less surface area against the rifling in the bore due to the deep lands cut into the bullet shank and therefore can take a little more powder.

The Barnes 70 grain TSX is just so damn long, I don't want to compress the powder while seating this huge bullet down.
ahh..my bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.