SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been contemplating a 556R for awhile, ever since getting my 556. I know the R's have their usual Sig teething problems and that the later models were more reliable but beyond that I don't know much.
What are some of the things I do want and ones I don't?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Owned two gen 2 556Rs. Wish I could have kept 'em both. Each ran flawlessly.
Tim (Military Arms Channel via youtube and full30) had lots of issues with his later gen 556xi's in 7.62x39. Although I've talked to a few who have had no issues at all with theirs, and swear by them. I have a 556xi in 5.56 and it is smooth. I think all of the 5.56 xi's were solid, though. I don't hear about any problems with them.

I would recommend asking to shoot before you buy (you supply the ammo) if possible.

FWIW-- I have purchased from this gentlemen before. He sold off a large collection of 556 / 551 clones and is now selling his remaining 556Rs. He was great to work with, and I would trust buying from him again. His prices seem reasonable vs gunbroker... WTS: SIG 556R Rifles in 7.62x39 - AR15.COM

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are very reasonable, especially in this climate.
I remembered MACs video and knew the XIs had some issues but couldn't remember if they ever got it together.
I think a Gen 2 is what I am gonna go for, can't right now but wanted to make sure I knew what I was expecting.
Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those are very reasonable, especially in this climate.
I remembered MACs video and knew the XIs had some issues but couldn't remember if they ever got it together.
I think a Gen 2 is what I am gonna go for, can't right now but wanted to make sure I knew what I was expecting.
Thank you
I have a 556R I'd be willing to sell. If interested PM me your number and I'll get them your way!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts