556 Match trigger kit now available | Page 4 | SIG Sauer 556 Forum

556 Match trigger kit now available

Discussion in 'New Products' started by ShootingSight, Feb 16, 2012.

1. PGT

PGT Member

excellent.....I'd love to order one.

2. Brock63

Brock63 Member

great...looking forward to you telling me when to send my money for a new trigger on my 556. :)

3. ShootingSight

ShootingSight Member Supporting Vendor

I made the CAD updates for the XI version - this will be 100% backwards compatible with the regular 556. I sent them out to my EDM shop to get 2 made, so I can check final function before I place an order for quantity. I'll probably get the two sometime this week, and then I expect several more weeks to cut a production order, heat treat, and get the surface coating applied. It's gonna be a busy summer between this and the Tavor trigger I'm bringing out.

4. Brock63

Brock63 Member

so your one trigger pack will be good with both 556 and XI versions ....great

5. ShootingSight

The key difference is that the XI has a longer sear, so it holds the hammer lower on recock, to make it easier for the BCG to ride over the top of it.

6. high cover

high cover New Member

I saw on your Web site you expect the match triggers in for the 556R by July 1. Are you taking advance orders?

Sent from my SM-N750 using Outdoor Forums mobile app

7. Iamscotticus

Iamscotticus Well-Known Member

So on 55Xs the hammer rides the BCG past the sear point of contact? and the hammer rides the BCG on the return some until it engages the sear? That seems like an excessive wear issue that the Xi addressed. Is there anything about your 556 hammer/trigger kit that gives relief to this issue? besides being a better hammer, which it is? I have your kit, and Matt's, but I got the parts mixed and need to sort it all out before I do my install.

8. ShootingSight

Yes, the stroke is longer than the BCG, so the BCG rides over the hammer on the backstroke. The hammer actually pops up a little in front of the BCG, and then the BCG has to push the hammer back down again on the forward stroke. As you can imagine, pushing something down when it is alredy leaning in the direction you are traveling is pretty easy. Pushing something down that is leaning towards you is a lot more difficult, so it causes the BCG to bump. By making the sear longer, the BCG bumps less.

On my original design, the addition of the ultra slick NiB coating mostly eliminated the bump, cause it was easier to push the hammer down.

Maybe no one has ever done it, but I wonder if you managed to reset and pull the trigger while the BCG was back, if the hammer could pop up in front of the BCG, and really jam you up.

9. Iamscotticus

You got me looking at that so I pulled the handle back and looked in there...Ain't gonna happen on my gun. Bolt stops just behind the mag well. But I can allow the BCG to travel forward about 1/2 inch and the sear will release. About 1/4" later the BCG hangs up on a resistance and will bind until I release all resistance on the charging handle and the spring tension will overcome the hang up. My gun is all stock so we will see if your hammer is smoother. I don't see how this would ever be an issue in normal shooting.

10. ShootingSight

I actually mis-spoke in my last message. It is not the entire BCG that overrides the hammer, just the bolt carrier itself. To see it, you have to hold the rifle up sideways against a strong light, and look through the gap between the upper and lower. And yes, the return spring is just about enough to override it if you release it completely, which is why this was never called out as a major issue in the first place. And also yes, I expect that with use, it will polish itself and be less pronounced.

The best way to see it is to drill a hole in your rifle, and stick a borescope in there. Then you'll know exactly what to fix on the new rifle you buy :)

If you notice, the leading edge of the bolt carrier has a ramp on it to help this.

11. high cover

high cover New Member

I have the 556R gen 2 love the weapon hate the trigger. I would like to order one ASAP. I know I may have to wait a few weeks but I want get this problem fixed . I talked to timney no joy . I talked to sig and got a big Daaa I don't know. Please let me know thanks

12. high cover

high cover New Member

I have a 556R gen 2 love the weapon but the trigger assembly. Sucks. I know I will have to wait but would like to get my order in ASAP please let me know

13. Iamscotticus

14. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Active Member

I am curious to see what the accuracy difference is?

Before and after.

15. mkodama

mkodama Member

Is the revision of your trigger kit that holds the hammer lower available yet?

16. ShootingSight

Probably 2 weeks out - final coat is going on as we speak. The sear on this one is the SIG XI design.

17. high cover

high cover New Member

Please let me know. Looking forward to smooth single stage trigger

18. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Active Member

Excellent!

19. PGT

PGT Member

finally?

20. Iamscotticus

Art I saw your ALS ice water challenge video. Nice work! I'm sure the trigger wasn't the only thing "high and tight".;)