SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran a class with my 556 classic this weekend. It ran great. It had only 1 stoppage and that was a wolf case getting stuck in the chamber. It was the first stoppage in over 1,000 rounds of steel cased ammo. The DI ARs were going down left and right. The piston Ruger AR was running quite a bit better than the DI guns. The owner only feeds it brass cased ammo. My buddy's SCAR had no failures but he doesn't run steel cased ammo. If we all were running brass, I doubt my 556 would have had the malfunction and the ARs would probably have had less.

We did a bunch of drills and when your partner's rifle went down or they needed to do a mag change, you had to cover their targets and your own. The 556 rang a lot of steel while the ARs were down. I even had my Eotech fall off of the rail in one drill. I caught it on the way down, had it back onto the same rail spot hand tight and ringing the steel at 50 yards in a few seconds. With the 14.5" barrel and perm attached PWS FSC-556, the gun was handy and lightening fast from shot to shot, target to target. I don't think that there is a better option out there for the money ($1,380).

·
Registered
384 Posts
That's nice to hear. I did a course a few months back in sandy conditions and my 556 sbr was one of the few guns without a stoppage.

I bet like I did you came away with even greater appreciation for the weapon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts