SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Factory flash/compensator on the 556 is for use with which suppressor?
I can't seem to find any info on it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The flash hider on the 556 is an inexpensive but light weight A2-style bird cage. I don't know of any suppressor that uses this design to mount. You should pick your suppressor and purchase the hider/compensator from the same manufacturer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you are talking about the flash suppressor with the 18 teeth on it, it is designed for the Advanced Armament M4-1000 Suppressor. I believe Sig reverse engineered AAC's mounting system and AAC does not recommend mounting their suppressors on it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it was the AAC mount but wasn't sure.

Too bad my m4-2000 takes the 51 tooth that cost $99 each.

·
Registered
407 Posts
DO NOT USE the SIG SWAT flash hider with an AAC can. AAC told me at SHOT one year that they were originally working with SIG, but SIG told them to bounce and just made a poor copy of the hider. AAC will NOT warranty any issues using the SIG hider.

PS the M4-2000 will still screw to the hider, but I have never tried it. Sold off my SWAT hider.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Dem People said:
DO NOT USE the SIG SWAT flash hider with an AAC can. AAC told me at SHOT one year that they were originally working with SIG, but SIG told them to bounce and just made a poor copy of the hider. AAC will NOT warranty any issues using the SIG hider.

PS the M4-2000 will still screw to the hider, but I have never tried it. Sold off my SWAT hider.
I have heard the same thing several times...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts