551a1 magazines | SIG Sauer 556 Forum

551a1 magazines

Discussion in '556 Discussions' started by feedme07, Jan 20, 2013.

1. feedme07

feedme07 New Member

Is there any online resources to order mags for the 551a1 available? I've searched but come up with nothing. Does sig still have them in stock? Any help is greatly appreciated. My local gun shop provides excellent service and I really enjoy them, and they have a few mags in stock, but the price per mag is very difficult for me to overcome at $150 per mag. But who knows, that may be the standard price in the current situation we are all in.

2. Reno

Reno Member

Sig USA still had plenty in stock for $44.95 last I heard a few days ago.

3. Coop

Coop New Member

What state do you live in?

I have 3 new 30 rd mags for the 551A1 at $100.00 each.

4. Reno

Reno Member

I'm sure he doesn't live in a "state of stupidity" to pay $100 per magazine!

Please go to another forum and try to rip off other people. :roll:

5. Coop

Coop New Member

If you reread his 1st post... it sounds like he was deciding on whether to pay his store $150.00 per mag ....and I'm sure it wasn't 30 rounds ...so please don't be so quick to judge

6. feedme07

feedme07 New Member

Sig is all out of them as of today...just spoke with them...However, I have three mags right now, and would love to have more, but after consideration I'm not willing to pay the price of $150 per mag. A 300% markup is too hard for me to swallow. The mag's available at my LGS are 30 round repair kits.

I'm in california, so the mags would have to be shipped disassembled as repair kits, which is perfectly fine...Considering everything, the most i'm personally willing to pay is $85 per mag for a total of $170 for two mags...If that's something your interested or anyone else is interested in, I'd be glad to do business.

7. datcha

datcha Administrator

We're here to help each other out, not rip each other off.

I'm going to put my foot down on this issue in regards to the feeding frenzy of miscreant sales.

I am going to delete "For Sale" posts that I deem are not in good faith, for example, people charging $100+ for single magazines of any type that are not retailed at these prices.

Coop, understand that you just joined the forum and 1 of your first 3 posts was trying to sell magazines at super inflated prices when they are still available elsewhere for way less than what you asked, so I do not blame anyone for "mis-judging" you.

8. datcha

datcha Administrator

feedme07, contact this dealer prior to ordering on Gunbroker, he would probably have no problem disassembling these magazines prior to shipping.

10 pack of new OEM Sig 20 round Swiss mags for $200 http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =326884937

He has hundreds in stock.

9. DELTASPEED93

DELTASPEED93 Member

alyuaz sells them for around 45 a piece and some have been unused and the real deal SIG mags...great guy to deal with! Not sure what his stock looks like at the moment but deffinatly worth sending him a PM!
    Seriously though I just sold 4 pmags for 90.00 and I felt bad at that price!

10. klyonsb

klyonsb Member

I got 20 rounders for 45 each off gunbroker.... not too bad:)

11. Coop

Coop New Member

Attn. Administrator

Sorry....no intent to screw anyone.... and Yes you are judging!

I just paid about $600.00 over retail for a Sig 551A1. ...It happened to come with 6 ...30 rd mags.

That's what's happening in the marketplace right now. You or I may not like it, but it is a reality.

Actually, I wasn't in the market to sell anything, but when I saw the post and I figured, I have the extra mags, so why not offer them up for $50.00 less than he was thinking of buying them for.

Please, take a minute and think about it .... What did I wrong?

Not sure how this got out of sorts.... but, If you prefer, I will not offer anything for sale on this site.

That's not why I signed up anyway.... I'm new at this gun thing, and wanted to learn from the experts.

So sorry, I started off on the wrong foot.

12. DELTASPEED93

DELTASPEED93 Member

Welcome. I've noticed when we sell stuff here everyone tends to give each other a little bit of a break...I've had to lower stuff quite a bit after realizing I was being a little greedy. I guess look at it this way:
    How would you want to be sold something? Not at the max price but a hey maybe I can helP you out price
    Or I can steer you to someone who has those parts.
    You will notice most of the people here will go out of their way to help you out.
    We all realize the state of things right now but I think we are a clear group here..
    Personally I don't think much will come of things but that's another topic...
    BTW congrats on the rifle.

13. Coop

Coop New Member

THANKS...UNDERSTOOD

14. philipj

philipj New Member

15. tellicomoto

tellicomoto New Member

I just paid $50 @ for 20-round mags from West Coast Armory; and, $85 @ for 30-round mags from an individual. That's about the best I could find after spending two days on the web searching.

16. feedme07

feedme07 New Member

Thanks so much for the help/support guys! I really appreciate the excellent attitudes and advice...I'm going to order 5 mags right now!

17. SeahawkDriver-R

SeahawkDriver-R New Member

If the Swiss mags weren't proprietary, I'd be all over them, but they are, and in this country if your gun doesn't take STANANG mags you're playing with fire. I like the Swiss lower better, its a better deisgn and I like the one-handed mag release style, but PMGAS are three things 1) Cheap 2) Reliable 3) Interchangable, and NO, I don't even own an AR, I use the PMAGS to go between a Sig 556SBR and a Steyr AUG A3 with NATO lower. For me its mostly about practicality and having a gun that will work for me in the most dire of circumstances; i can't leave that to chance with proprietary mags, no matter how good they look or last.

18. klyonsb

klyonsb Member

I agree I have both lowers with 6 mags each.....and still Picking more up here and there

19. Stryker_556

Stryker_556 New Member

Will 551a1 mags work with a 556 upper after a lower receiver change out? Or do I have to change the bolt and bolt carrier? Are SIG Arms 551 mags the same as Sig Sauer 551a1 mags?
    Thanks Chad

20. usbp379

usbp379 New Member

Sounds like we need to petition Magpul or Tapco about making some US 20- and 30-rd magazines.