551A1 Magazines in Canada | SIG Sauer 556 Forum

551A1 Magazines in Canada

Discussion in 'Ammunition, Magazines, & Reloading' started by sherpa1d, Apr 8, 2018.

1. sherpa1d

sherpa1d New Member

I know this is the 556 forums but have a 551 question about mags. I’ve been trying forever to find a reliable supply since I only have 1. I recently found you can get them cheap in Canada EXCEPT they are “pinned” to only take 5 rounds. Do you think this is something I can easily mod in a high capacity friendly state to take the full 30. I’m a machinist apprentice so I’m not afraid to give it a shot. I’ve slowly been working on a set of molds to mod PMags for the 551

g19ftw likes this.
  2. g19ftw

g19ftw Member

Tell me about the Canada source. I heard it’s real easy to drill out the pin that’s keeps them 5 rounds.

3. sherpa1d

sherpa1d New Member

4. g19ftw

g19ftw Member

I tried placing an order and it wouldn’t let me enter a US state. Tried ordering through email and they stopped responding. I’m gonna try one more time on the phone before I give up on Canadaammo.

Just know that those are the Chinese knockoff mags anyway. But they should still work fine for range mags.

Or if you end up ordering let me know, get a few extra and I’ll help you offset shipping.