SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at 556 sale prices on Gobroker, since when did the SIG 556 become a $2500 rifle?
I bought mine in 2009 for $1200.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No replies? What's the matter, cat got you guys tongue?

·
Registered
177 Posts
About the same time the $1,200 HK P7 went out of production, demand increased, and it became a $3,000 gun.

rambo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some of the Gunbroker asking prices are ridiculous anyways. And, I believe that some of the final sales prices don't really reflect the value of the gun. Instead, they look more like a bidding war where two people couldn't let go even when the price got too high.

I got my 556R SWAT recently for about $2250. But, it also came with a Browe BCO; so, that puts the gun's price somewhere between $1200-1600 and the Browe price somewhere between $600-1000. Not so bad in that light.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You can find good deals on gunjoker. You just have to be patient, persistent, sift through the garbage a bit, and be ready to make a move asap. Remember, fairly priced 'buy it now' options go extremely quick. So you might not even be seeing the rifles that are posted up by reasonable folks. I just picked up another 556 last week. Price would have been good four years ago. Sold another of mine at a very far price to pay it off the next day. While I agree with you; there are certainly a lot of elevated prices on GB. I also don't see those higher priced Sig 556 rifles selling. At least not without remorse on the buyers part (as Philipat suggested).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts