SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at 556 sale prices on Gobroker, since when did the SIG 556 become a $2500 rifle?
I bought mine in 2009 for $1200.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some of the Gunbroker asking prices are ridiculous anyways. And, I believe that some of the final sales prices don't really reflect the value of the gun. Instead, they look more like a bidding war where two people couldn't let go even when the price got too high.

I got my 556R SWAT recently for about $2250. But, it also came with a Browe BCO; so, that puts the gun's price somewhere between $1200-1600 and the Browe price somewhere between $600-1000. Not so bad in that light.

·
Registered
370 Posts
You can find good deals on gunjoker. You just have to be patient, persistent, sift through the garbage a bit, and be ready to make a move asap. Remember, fairly priced 'buy it now' options go extremely quick. So you might not even be seeing the rifles that are posted up by reasonable folks. I just picked up another 556 last week. Price would have been good four years ago. Sold another of mine at a very far price to pay it off the next day. While I agree with you; there are certainly a lot of elevated prices on GB. I also don't see those higher priced Sig 556 rifles selling. At least not without remorse on the buyers part (as Philipat suggested).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a new 556R in 2013 (Gen 2) for $1491. Bought a second one used that had a sear problem for $700 (Gen 2) in late 2013 and replaced the sear in Wilmington, NC. Bought a third Gen2 new for $1225 in 2014. Sold the used one with the replaced sear in 2021 for $2250. The 5.56 AR Sig 556's don't seem to appreciate as well as the Gen2 556R's. Great rifles. I remember shooting away at 100/200/300 targets at a range where a SWAT sniper team was practicing and they were all curious about the rifle and how I was knocking them dead out there with 7.62x39mm steel case ammo. They put 5 steel targets up at 200 yards and I took the 556R with a old Gen2 3x tactical scope hit all 5 with 5 shots. I changed to AP rounds and I knocked 3 targets down and put a hole on the other two. They said they hoped they never get a call to try to take me out!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been looking at 556 sale prices on Gobroker, since when did the SIG 556 become a $2500 rifle?
I bought mine in 2009 for $1200.
$1200 was then, $2200-2500 is now. Have you been to a gun show lately and seen the prices on the better quality
black rifles? If you can even find good ones at all. Over the past year prices on all of them have sky-rocketed. And I'm
sure you are well aware of the current political and economic climate. Things are only going to get worse. Grab what you can while you still can. This is not alarmism or panic buying, this is 30 years of history.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$1200 was then, $2200-2500 is now. Have you been to a gun show lately and seen the prices on the better quality
black rifles? If you can even find good ones at all. Over the past year prices on all of them have sky-rocketed. And I'm
sure you are well aware of the current political and economic climate. Things are only going to get worse. Grab what you can while you still can. This is not alarmism or panic buying, this is 30 years of history.
Yes, prices are insane!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Inflation. People don't want to keep cash - they want to put it into hard goods to better keep pace with inflation, which in turn drives up demand. It's a cycle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Recently in New Hampshire I seen a 556R on consignment (which I picked up for $1200 about a year ago) Same owner had a 556 which I had to pass on. Last mont there was a 551a1 in on of our gun shops on consignment for $2100...seller figured shops take into the price...Then last month I found the unfired NIB 556 with all the goodies for $1800 ( definitely gabbed it. I also know of a 556 SWAT NIB sitting on a local shop shelf for $2200

1 - 20 of 20 Posts