SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New addition to the family. Colt Series 80 Officer's ACP in stainless. Found it in a local shop used and in nice condition. I am going to change the grips for something in dark walnut or bison horn and add some low profile sights in the very near future. Possibly going to be sending it off to Clark Custom Guns for some front strap checkering as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice addition. I put Crimson Trace grips on my Defender, seem to work well. Have fun with the new purchase, you can't go wrong with a 1911!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
Its in the department gunshop at the moment. Going to have all the springs replaced and a set of Novak sights installed. I may go for another type of grip safety.

Afterwards, I'll be sending it out for the front grip checkering.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bison horn grips -- I'm definitely feelin' that...bison horn grips...hell yeah.

Nice gun, nycstripes -- you have good taste in weaponry....

·
Registered
184 Posts
How do you like that short trigger? I know with my long fingers I need a little longer trigger.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have had some things changed, I'll post a picture once I get the pistol back from the gunsmith. One of the things I changed was the trigger. Some of the things I ordered are on backorder.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Colt Officer's ACP back from the gunshop. Upgrades are as follows:

bead blasted frame and polished slide
checkered front strap of frame 30LPI
installed a new complete spring kit
new Hogue rosewood grips, hated the wrap around Pachmayr grip
new Colt magazines
new Ross holster
new trigger

Will be sending the slide out to Novak for new low mount sights soon.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Looking VERY nice!

Congrats on the find and especially on the improvements.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Series 80 Officer's ACP that I have is all stainless.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Turned out real nice - what a beautiful gun. Novak sights will be a real good addition too.

How do you like the Ross Holster?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been using a Ross holster for a couple of years for my Kahr K9 as a daily use holster and I like it a great deal. Well made and pretty durable. I just happen to prefer leather over the synthetics, just old school that way.

·
Registered
678 Posts
nycstripes said:
I have been using a Ross holster for a couple of years for my Kahr K9 as a daily use holster and I like it a great deal. Well made and pretty durable. I just happen to prefer leather over the synthetics, just old school that way.
Nothing old school about leather, unless you work for dupont, snags way less, wears the gun better, breaks in better, holds better, gun slides out better, everything about leather is better. absolutely everything. If a sight catches on leather, a little tug makes the leather give, synthetics, you've got problems and big ones as those fibres sometimes don't give. Stick with leather. Plus is quieter than all esle, something that could save your life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts