SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that the first ACR was up for sale on gunborker, so I bought it. It came already and I just got back from the pit. Here is the review

April Fools!!! hehhee :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
263 Posts
You lost me at "gunborker" -- I knew sumpin' wasn't quite right, Geardo!

Besides, we all know you have more common sense than that!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAHA!! Thanks?

Yeah it was kinda corny, but oh well.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Actually, I thought it was kind of funny! Happy April Fool's Day, Geardo!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
COOL!! You too Clyde.

You still wanna give me one of your SCARs? :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not gonna get the 1st gen ACR, nor the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 7th. I might wait that long! Maybe by that time Magpul will be able to handle making the MASADA. Then I will definitly buy one of those. But Bushmaasters butch version of the MASADA... no thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm sorry, Sgt. Geardo, I cannot bear the thought of parting with one of my beloved SCARs. They're my bestest buddies! :wink:

Even to a guy who definitely deserves one for serving our country....

You could always just re-enlist and get a free fun switch too, right? :lol:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clyde,

Thanks for your support. It means alot.

If I didn't love my wife so much I would re-enlist and try out for the Special Forces. And if I have never had met my wife I'm sure I would be in some strange country shooting bad guys with a SCAR or maybe even a M82A1.

I wouldn't let go of my guns either, no matter what. I know how you feel. I only have three of them and I have bought them myself, proudly. Inspected them in the store and even said "I don't want this one, do you have another?" There is a strong bond between a man and his rifle.

·
Registered
591 Posts
can someone explain to me why its better than a SCAR? I don't get it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Because it is the latest and greatest super cool that no one has one yet thingy.
Just dont see it. Still dont know how much this private dealer paid for the first ACR on GB. It was at $16,000 and the reserve had not been met when I last looked. Did it go higher?
Clyde I am researching SCARS now damn you. May wait til June when I come home to handle one first got to shoot the SIGS first have never handled them either, or the TRP, or the 238.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Scoob,

If I some how win the lottery without buying a ticket I would be more than happy to buy an ACR, but for now I have to stick to saving money for a SCAR. Hopefully in about 5 months. Don't quote me though.

gosh... If I really did win the lottery... mmmmm... guns... my list...

SCAR 17s/16s 8) , SIG55X's ALL :D , twin H&K MK23 with silver slides :shock: , USP, H&K UMP .45, COLT 1911 GOV, SIG P226, GLOCK all sorts, Springfield M1A, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M82A1, G36C, MP5SD, ACR maybe :wink: , pearl handled Derenger for Mrs. Geardo, and some others that I can't remember off the top of my head. :roll:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Tacman, sorry about that -- I have gone from being down with the SIGNess forever to being SCARred for life as well. Don't blame me -- FN actually installs this secret tractor beam thingy somewhere on the gun that just draws you in and...you...cannot...resist...!

Geardo, that is quite a wish list. Which gives me an idea...! NEW TOPIC!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I put up a ACR pic in the Assult Rifle forum. I really like the SCAR but here are my thoughts from handling them:

1. The all polymer lower is very, very slick. Everything is controllable from the trigger finger (left or right), mag release, bolt release and safety. The bolt release was particularly nice.

2. It is multi-caliber and supposed to be convertible without tools. (The dealer did not want me to field strip it so I could not see for myself.)

3. PMags work in the ACR.

4. The bolt is slicker feeling than the SCAR. I looked at this back to back with one in either hand so the comparison was direct. This may change with firing but I like the feel of the bolt group of the ACR slightly better than the SCAR.

That is about it. The difference between the 2 are very few. The ergonomics are very, very close overall and both should be excellent rifles.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ftboomer1,

Thanks for the quick review! I like to hear (read) good things about new rifles! Maybe you could do a more detail review as a new topic? I'm sure it would start a roaring conversation!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts