It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:48 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 20 posts ]
 Post subject: P556 SBR conversion question.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:48 am 

So, I know there is paper work and a wait for the tax stamp. What I don't know is what kinda parts it takes to put a folding stock on my P556. Please be specific with your answers. I'm a slow learner. links would be great. I tried to search around but it was hard going through that much info spread so far out. Thanks in advance for any help.
here's what I got to work with:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:17 pm 

I used an ACE folding setup. Go to riflestocks.com, they are ACE.

It is three parts; the tube stock, the folding mechanism and the adapter. I picked the flush mount one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:50 pm 

so does this set up have every thing i would need besides the paper work?
http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_ ... cts_id=379
I'm trying to figure out how much every thing will end up costing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:07 pm 

Yes that is everything that you would need, but you would not get the same result as I got. That setup has a castle nut, it would not be flush mount.

This part would get you the same result (flush mount)

http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=354

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:52 pm 

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:35 pm 

hey punk, what rear diopter sight is that? and how did you remove the black plug out of the lower receiver?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:07 pm 

snakedoctor wrote:
hey punk, what rear diopter sight is that? and how did you remove the black plug out of the lower receiver?

I believe thats the aurora rear sight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:11 am 

lucky wrote:
snakedoctor wrote:

I believe thats the aurora rear sight.

Yep, Aurora front and rear sight.

And I use needle nose pliers to remove the plug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:36 am 

desert punk wrote:
I used an ACE folding setup. Go to riflestocks.com, they are ACE.

It is three parts; the tube stock, the folding mechanism and the adapter. I picked the flush mount one.

where did you get the rear diopter site?

Post subject: questions for desert punk
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:58 pm 

I am in the process of getting ATF approval for my p556 to sbr. I heard about the engraving issue, and wanted to know how you did yours. I like the look of the pictures you posted of yours but wanted to know about the engraving. thanks for help.

• Sig 556
  • Benelli M1 Super 90 Entry
  • Bushmaster M4A3
  • Remington 11-87
  • Glock Model 37
  • Glock Model 22

Last edited by jnathanj33 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: questions for desert punk
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:38 am 
Site Admin

jnathanj33 wrote:
I am in the process of getting ATF approval for my p556 to sbr. I heard about the engraving issue, and wanted to know how you did yours. I like the look of the pictures you posted of yours but wanted to know about the engraving. thanks for help. pc- if you ever want to sell your aurora sight set, I will buy!
What issues are you referring to in regards to the engraving?

What would you like to know about the engraving?

Also, if you wait a little longer, Aurora will be shipping more sights soon. :wink:

Post subject: sbr engraving
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:30 pm 

I wanted to know what is supposed to be engraved, name, address only? and where it can be engraved, on the upper. Also, do you have the upper engraved before you get the tax stamp back? or can you send it to be engraved before you get the tax stamp back?

• Sig 556
  • Bushmaster M4A3
  • Remington 11-87
  • Glock Model 37
  • Glock Model 22

Post subject: Re: sbr engraving
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

jnathanj33 wrote:
I wanted to know what is supposed to be engraved, name, address only?
Name, City, State. Or, if you are transferring on a TRUST, you can put your Trust name on it instead.

jnathanj33 wrote:
and where it can be engraved, on the upper.
In a conspicuous place that is clearly visible.

Most people engrave their 556 on the left side above the serial number as this is the best location as it keeps the gun looking clean and streamlined.

However you can if you choose to, engrave it on the right side of the receiver in the same location as the serial number on the left side, or above where the SN# would be also on the right side, or at the rear of the receiver on either side.

That is probably the best place to engrave it on the right side and is easier for whoever will do the work.

jnathanj33 wrote:
Also, do you have the upper engraved before you get the tax stamp back? or can you send it to be engraved before you get the tax stamp back?
I would wait until I got the stamp back from the ATF before having it engraved, or if you have it at an FFL they can engrave it and hold onto it until your stamp comes back.

I hope this is helpful. :)

Post subject: sbr ebgraving
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:29 pm 

yes, that is alot of help and thanks.

I do have another question. What about on the left side of the upper where my upper has the "pistol only" can I have that wording ground off the receiver?

• Sig 556
  • Bushmaster M4A3
  • Remington 11-87
  • Glock Model 37
  • Glock Model 22

Post subject: Re: sbr ebgraving
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:09 am 
Site Admin

jnathanj33 wrote:
yes, that is alot of help and thanks.

I do have another question. What about on the left side of the upper where my upper has the "pistol only" can I have that wording ground off the receiver?
As long as you never plan to have your 556 SBR taken off the NFA registry and put it back into a pistol.

Though I would suggest having a gunsmith fill in the wording instead of grinding it down as you might weaken the rigidity of the receiver since it's already engraved in.

Post subject: sbr question
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:47 pm 

thanks that makes alot of sense.

• Sig 556
  • Bushmaster M4A3
  • Remington 11-87
  • Glock Model 37
  • Glock Model 22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:15 pm 

datcha wrote:
jnathanj33 wrote:
I wanted to know what is supposed to be engraved, name, address only?
Name, City, State. Or, if you are transferring on a TRUST, you can put your Trust name on it instead.

jnathanj33 wrote:
and where it can be engraved, on the upper.
In a conspicuous place that is clearly visible.

Most people engrave their 556 on the left side above the serial number as this is the best location as it keeps the gun looking clean and streamlined.

However you can if you choose to, engrave it on the right side of the receiver in the same location as the serial number on the left side, or above where the SN# would be also on the right side, or at the rear of the receiver on either side.

That is probably the best place to engrave it on the right side and is easier for whoever will do the work.

jnathanj33 wrote:
Also, do you have the upper engraved before you get the tax stamp back? or can you send it to be engraved before you get the tax stamp back?
I would wait until I got the stamp back from the ATF before having it engraved, or if you have it at an FFL they can engrave it and hold onto it until your stamp comes back.

I hope this is helpful. :)

What was over all lenth I need that for paper work

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:47 am 
Site Admin

Rob072770 wrote:
What was over all lenth I need that for paper work

Sorry for the late response.

Overall length for the factory 556SBR is 30.1", length of barrel 10", that is what is on my Form 1.

Post subject: Re: P556 SBR conversion question.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:17 am 

Does the Aurora front and rear site co-witness when using the Sig red dot? Thanks. Can the sites be found by a simple search on line?

Post subject: Re: P556 SBR conversion question.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:19 am 

One other thing, I see that your stock is folding to the left side of the weapon. How is this locking up to the frame like it would to the right side? I do not have a pistol yet, but will soon. Thanks.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 20 posts ]